Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Flywheel size

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 06:46 PM
MgSuPrA101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flywheel size

been looking for the size of a Hurricanes Fly wheel so I can buy a bigger one that will fit and I can use for a bump box, Anyone know the size of it? Thanks
Old 02-04-2008, 07:14 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Flywheel size

no need to buy a bigger one. Just take out the spacers, maybe take a dremel to the bottom a little and all is good.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:03 PM
twomanytoys

If you go bigger it will decrease top speed and torque.. The larger the flywheel the lower the rpm,s and the smaller the flywheel the higher the rpm,s.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:22 PM
MgSuPrA101

well I took out the spacers and the problem was the back plate was too big so i put them back on since i dont wanna get rid of the pull start and if you grind down the back plate it still wont work as it seems. so i cut out the flywheel opening a lil bit and id like to get the bigger fly wheel.and id like too get a new pull start since mine broke. What i also need is a bump box thats not a load of cash just one that works =). And last but not least im looking to add some power too my car so i wanna get the airsaver airfilter setup and maybe a pipe but i need suggestions on things like these, once we figure them out ill order everything through you cler just gotta figure out the who list!
Old 02-04-2008, 09:25 PM
twomanytoys

Or you can just get a roto start.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:30 PM
MgSuPrA101

Dislike roto starts unfortunate but box/pull start imo works better, i know 3 people who use them and rather have the pull start and box
Old 02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

no need to buy a bigger one. Just take out the spacers, maybe take a dremel to the bottom a little and all is good.
Is there a thread that explains,,,,,with pictures.....lol... this Mod. Cuz , in my minds eye, I cant see the the pinion Meshing with the Middle differential if you lower the engine.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:29 PM
Redharris

For Power....you need to look at Clermonts new 7port Mod for the .28 engiine. He is really on to something! here is the link to the thread.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7013692/tm.htm

Old 02-04-2008, 10:31 PM
MgSuPrA101

oo i'll look into the port thing that looks like some good stuff appreciate it =)
Old 02-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

its just lowering it a bit. The clutchbell still meshes fine. I will try to get a pic this weekend ok.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:58 PM
MgSuPrA101

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

its just lowering it a bit. The clutchbell still meshes fine. I will try to get a pic this weekend ok.
yeah theres no problem with that just the backplate it pushes up too much =/ and too be honest if i could get a tad smaller back plate for the thing i wouldent need a pullstart i have a brand new duratrax prostart roto start thats about .3 of a inch too small on each side so it doesnt line up the screw holes right. But either way i just wanna have 2 methods of starting the car and I def need a bump box