Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Sound Right?

Old 02-10-2008, 05:03 PM
perhamrocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound Right?

I need some info from you redcat pros(ehroof, Clermont Hobby, Kuppler, anybody else?) on how my volcno sv is running. It's completly stock, and i dont think i have it tuned in very vell. It likes to die when i slow down too much, which you will see at the end of the clip. This may be because of the cold weather but I'm not sure. My 4-wheel-drive was out in this video (but its fixed now) and that is why i dont have much control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gH8KLeitkw
Old 02-10-2008, 05:06 PM
pede_187

Default RE: Sound Right?

That's way too rich
Old 02-10-2008, 05:16 PM
bluecaka69

most of the prob is the cold weather and snow I was out running yesterday when it was 3 degrees out and car ran like crap you have to adjust according to the weather also I mean it will run different in 10 40 70 90 degree weather you have to tune to these measures

If it was warm outside you might be running perfect
Old 02-10-2008, 05:40 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: perhamrocks

I need some info from you redcat pros(ehroof, Clermont Hobby, Kuppler, anybody else?) on how my volcno sv is running. It's completly stock, and i dont think i have it tuned in very vell. It likes to die when i slow down too much, which you will see at the end of the clip. This may be because of the cold weather but I'm not sure. My 4-wheel-drive was out in this video (but its fixed now) and that is why i dont have much control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gH8KLeitkw

sounds like the high needle is too rich, depending on the temps outside you may need to lean it a little, try a 1/4 turn and see if you see an improvement. If its very cold out, dont lean it too much or you will rob the engine of much needed oil.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:48 PM
Boxhead from MN

Hey perhamrocks,

Good to see another Redcat owner in Minnesota. I was having the same problem the other day. It was too rich and before I got it close, my glow igniter was dead. Oh well, have to wait a few days before it gets a little bit warmer outside[8D]. Isn't Minnesota weather great.

Chris
Old 02-10-2008, 09:23 PM
perhamrocks

Ya, it was sunny and about negativ 15 degrees today, so that means no drivin, but looks like next weekend may reach 30 so i'll be able to take it out then.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:27 PM
kuppler

im with everyone on this... Its to Rich...... and the weather has a little to do with it......