Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Redcat vs. other Brands????????????

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Redcat vs. other Brands????????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
jumpanddrop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat vs. other Brands????????????

ok, i am new to r/c's and im wanting to get a nitro. i was thinking of getting a redcat but i went to a rc shop the guy there said he used to sell them and there ok but not the greatest quaility compared to other brands. he said that he is much more impressed hpi that all he sells now. how dose redcat compare to these??? money is not an issue so i would rather spend the extra cash and get the better one if i have to. any opinions?????????
Old 02-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Redcat vs. other Brands????????????

Ya if you have the money get a hpi or traxxas... i am not saying there is anything wrong with redcat but as i said if you have the Dowh get the good rc... simpel as that... by the way what kind of rc are you going to get in to on road, off road. car, truck, buggy???
Old 02-16-2008, 08:02 PM
jumpanddrop

i was looking at the mt2. it looks sweet. and the hobby shop has a track and they have a class for that kinda buggy. lol so one day if i get good i could race. for the same price i could get a 1/8 redcat but id rather have a good r/c. the savage look preaty cool
Old 02-16-2008, 08:08 PM
Cam_132

Ya the savage is rilly cool and the most durible truck out there. and the Nitro mt2 is a truggy (Truck + buggy = truggy) go for the savage you will have more fun and there is 1/8 scale truck (savage) racing out there. if you cant race with you class at your track look around becouse difrent tracks difrent layouts = difrent classes
Old 02-16-2008, 08:08 PM
giddyuperic

You will pay for now or you will pay for it later. Go with the better one for now and like they said redcat is not bad, but if you want to race someday and stuff like that go with the hpi or the other one. You will ba happy in the long run. And I am not bashing redcat just get a better brand for starting out go with the best.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:12 PM
twomanytoys

Jumpanddrop,

Any 1/8 scale redcat will be better than any name brand 1/10 scale. Redcat has great 1/8 scale trucks that are about the same quality of the name brands. I have had a few traxxas trucks ( 2 Jatos, T maxx and stampede). I can say with out a doubt the redcat 1/8 scale is better although I do miss my Jato. My son has a Avalanche and its a solid truck, very fast and it handles better than any monster truck that I have seen or driven. The redcat 1/10 scale is good for beginners but if you can swing it get a 1/8 scale. Either the Avalanche or Monsoon. If you dont want 1/8 scale (<-----hella fun) then I would say the hpi MT2 or Firestorm is a great choice. I have had and still have alot of trucks and the avalanche is one of my favorites.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:13 PM
vnmsgt

I do not think HPI has anything that much better than Redcat. The Hellfire is a overpriced old designed truggy that is outdated and the lightning stadium pro is even worse and does not even come with 17mm hubs and the motors on the Redcats are better than the HPI models and they do not even come with metal geared steering servos. I think traxxas models break to easily and fall apart. They run awesome when they are together though. The Revo is overpriced and in order to compete with a truggy and not break you have to do alot of upgrades to it which cost $$$. Redcat is every bit as good as anything HPI makes maybe except for the new Stadium Pro 2 which nobody has heard anything about anyways since it came out or if it did come out. Just my 2cents
Old 02-16-2008, 08:14 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: retard1322

Ya the savage is rilly cool and the most durible truck out there. and the Nitro mt2 is a truggy (Truck + buggy = truggy) go for the savage you will have more fun and there is 1/8 scale truck (savage) racing out there. if you cant race with you class at your track look around becouse difrent tracks difrent layouts = difrent classes
ya the savage is cool. its a little bit more money but its probebly worth it. i was just thinking of the m2t because thats what most of they guys have here. its also i think the only track thats within driving distance so theres not much choices for track here. i thikn his prices are preaty good. hows $360 for the mt2 rtr and 500 for the savage 4.6???
Old 02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
firebird78

take money out..and i might go with a hpi...as far as redcat quality goes, I dont see an issue with it...im new to rc too and I have a hurricane and a lightning..havent drove the lightning but I think it looks alot like the hpi..it looks well built...as far as my hurricane I have drivin it and its just plain tuff..I have broken parts on it..but I dont believe any part that broke was because of poor quality..I think its poor driving..lol.. you will get all sorts of opinions...he will want to sell what he sells...and if he stocks the parts for what you want go for it...I myself would look to see his parts stock for the car your wanting to buy before I'd buy..alot of people gripe about redcats parts availability and having to order them..well just because your lhs stocks ur cars brand doesnt mean he will have the parts for it when you break it...and you will break it..lol..if money was part of it I'd diff say redcat...but since its not its a toss up in my opinion
Old 02-16-2008, 08:19 PM
pede_187

I'm happy with my 1/10 redcat and I'm sure that a 1/8 redcat would be comparable to another brand
Old 02-16-2008, 08:20 PM
ehroof

get the avalanche, its a killer rc, will totally out handle the savage and give it a beating on a track, its a great basher and well worth it, i have the tmaxx and hands down, the avalanche will destroy it. Also the hurricane is a great runner too, actually all the redcats are good rc's but their 1/8ths are fantastic
Old 02-16-2008, 08:21 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: firebird78

take money out..and i might go with a hpi...as far as redcat quality goes, I dont see an issue with it...im new to rc too and I have a hurricane and a lightning..havent drove the lightning but I think it looks alot like the hpi..it looks well built...as far as my hurricane I have drivin it and its just plain tuff..I have broken parts on it..but I dont believe any part that broke was because of poor quality..I think its poor driving..lol.. you will get all sorts of opinions...he will want to sell what he sells...and if he stocks the parts for what you want go for it...I myself would look to see his parts stock for the car your wanting to buy before I'd buy..alot of people gripe about redcats parts availability and having to order them..well just because your lhs stocks ur cars brand doesnt mean he will have the parts for it when you break it...and you will break it..lol..if money was part of it I'd diff say redcat...but since its not its a toss up in my opinion
yes he has alot of parts so thats not a problem.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:23 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: ehroof

get the avalanche, its a killer rc, will totally out handle the savage and give it a beating on a track, its a great basher and well worth it, i have the tmaxx and hands down, the avalanche will destroy it. Also the hurricane is a great runner too, actually all the redcats are good rc's but their 1/8ths are fantastic
lol. now that somthin i would love to see, me showin up at the track and kickin the guys ***** in a race with a so called elcheapo. if i knew for sure i could do it, i would . i gess ill just have to shop around and see whats best
Old 02-16-2008, 08:28 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: jumpanddrop

lol. now that somthin i would love to see, me showin up at the track and kickin the guys ***** in a race with a so called elcheapo. if i knew for sure i could do it, i would . i gess ill just have to shop around and see whats best
There is no question about it! A Avalanche will flat out destroy any Savage or T-maxx hands down on a track and for bashing will kill a t-maxx and handily beat a savage in everything pretty easily. I think any of us Redcat guys here would put money on it right?[sm=punching.gif]
Old 02-16-2008, 08:29 PM
firebird78

like I said...im new too...I am flat thrilled with my cats...and I have seen revo's in action..granted diff layout (truck, buggy)...but i'd put my hurricane against the revo's I seen run anyday...in a race or bashing...especially bashing...
Old 02-16-2008, 08:35 PM
jumpanddrop

ya i know the redcats are not bad. but if someone was going to give u a tsunami or a mt2 what would you rather have. the other thing is, is that all the parts and everything are right there. alot nicer being able to look at it before you buy it. also no shipping wait times. i gess ill have to think about this one
Old 02-16-2008, 08:36 PM
pede_187

That would be a hard choice. I think the redcat 1/10s are perfect with some better shocks

Hellfire or Monsoon........I'd pick the monsoon no question about it.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:38 PM
ehroof

ya i know the redcats are not bad. but if someone was going to give u a tsunami or a mt2 what would you rather have. the other thing is, is that all the parts and everything are right there. alot nicer being able to look at it before you buy it. also no shipping wait times. i gess ill have to think about this one
i own an hpi mt, check my gallery and i own all 3 types of tsunami's and i would take the tsunami ultrawide over the hpi mt. check my gallery
Old 02-16-2008, 08:50 PM
firebird78

I wish someone would give me a revo...I'd sell it on ebay and buy me a monsoon and a tornado..lol..or add a lil money and get a avalanche and a monsoon...that would be awwwfull nice of em..lol.......sorry day dreamin
Old 02-16-2008, 08:52 PM
5lagd

take the stickers off of your Redcat and when you kick their ***, they'll ask what you are running and just watch their faces when you tell them its a redcat.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:57 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: ldgasp

take the stickers off of your Redcat and when you kick their ***, they'll ask what you are running and just watch their faces when you tell them its a redcat.
I do that with my monsoon which has a CEN Matrix body on it!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo38871.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	880607   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt63099.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	880608  
Old 02-16-2008, 09:03 PM
firebird78

thats sharp...man that looks nice...
Old 02-17-2008, 01:13 AM
jumpanddrop

well, now im not sure what to do. i think im going to go see what different classes there are and then decied. i heard the avalanche is a very nice truck but its hard to go buy a truck that everyone says is crap here. it would be alot easyer if i could drive one and then deciede
Old 02-17-2008, 01:44 AM
TCB 81

well, now im not sure what to do. i think im going to go see what different classes there are and then decied. i heard the avalanche is a very nice truck but its hard to go buy a truck that everyone says is crap here. it would be alot easyer if i could drive one and then deciede
not tring to sound rude but if your worried about what everyone else thinks then your only screwing yourself they are probly just name brand junkies. meaning they think b/c they have a name brand rc they have the best well can you guess who the fool is?lol
Old 02-17-2008, 01:49 AM
TCB 81

ORIGINAL: TCB 81

not tring to sound rude but if your worried about what everyone else thinks then your only screwing yourself they are probly just name brand junkies. meaning they think b/c they have a name brand rc they have the best well can you guess who the fool is?lol
what im tring to say is go with what you like not with what the guys like from were your from...good luck on your hunt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.