Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Nothing but crap or a lemon

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 04:00 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Nothing but crap or a lemon

lol, no bro, not directed twards anyone, its just the way it is 95% of the time.

I have heard about how i was running in the street and my front arm just broke, i was laughing so hard at my lhs that the whole store started laughing. it wasnt a redcat, an hpi rs4 i think, it was just funny how the guy was like, i didnt hit anything, it just broke, it was so obvious that something was hit, the wheel was out of round, you could see the body was cracked.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:30 PM
firebird1967

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ehroof--can u sent me the link to the engine screws too, please?
Old 02-19-2008, 04:42 PM
ehroof

http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...p?partno=02096 from the chassis to the mounts
Old 02-19-2008, 06:00 PM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

I didn't think so. Wanted to clarify things though. I have definitely noticed people putting things up, like they haven't done anything wrong. I feel like I have caught on to stuff pretty quick. Thanks bro.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 PM
firebird78

if I woulda bought my hurricane 3 yrs or so ago it woulda hit the wall the first day I tried to run it...I fought it and fought it...had no clue what I was doing...then I took the time to do some reading and loved it every since...this forum is like family...I dont know much but am here to help as much as I can..first thing I do when I get off work is jump on here and read through whats all going on,....ive said it before...if I didnt buy a redcat I woulda never met some the coolist people....and I cant say thanks enuff...
Old 02-20-2008, 09:51 PM
smokeout42o

hey guys i have a compliant[>:] but dont get me wrong i love my tornado bb and i just got my monsoon ....breaking it in[>:] anyway the site should let you update topics..... when i got my tornado i almost ordered those parts you recommend that were bad (clutch bell and so on)...luckly i read on for about 200 posts[]really really need to update that!! ...might even scare away new buyers....but the support in here is sweeeeet!! thanks guys!!..............just my 2 cents!!
Old 02-20-2008, 09:55 PM
ehroof

yeah, it should go from the newest to the oldest right, i can see what you mean, the issues were fixed already.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:03 PM
smokeout42o

hey ehroof ...maybe you can answer this...how come recat wont answer there phones.....or return phone calls.....mail box on there phone system full etc....whats the deal why wont they personaly talk to there customers...its odd to me..this email stuff is all good but you know nothing beats a live breathing person every now and then...i just dont get it...they have to just be deleting my messages have not got one person when i call or even a call back, and im having the same prob with tricounty but they aleast will email me back a day later...maybe you can shed some light on this for me!! oh and maybe you know a dealer i can pick up the phone and order from.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:07 PM
ehroof

it seems like the move really screwed them up, phone systems are still funky and stuff. I know what your talking about, nothing like talking in person.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:12 PM
smokeout42o

well i mean are they in this to make money?? are they making to much money??..it just seems like customer service should be a highest priority and its not!!.....crazy crazy[:@] so i take it you dont know of a redcat dealer that will pick up the phone for orders?
Old 02-21-2008, 01:18 PM
ehroof

clermontmotorsports.com,

http://www.clermontmotorsports.com/servlet/StoreFront
Old 02-21-2008, 01:24 PM
smokeout42o

awsome....hey thanks alot man you rock!!!![>:]
Old 02-21-2008, 01:26 PM
ehroof

your welcome bro
Old 02-21-2008, 03:01 PM
Redcat Nick

We are sorry for the delays in phone messages and the full mail box. We lost a few guys during the move due to the new location, and as many of you (workers) know that when you are training new people it takes more time to do anything then when you are just understaffed. We now have some good workers here and are getting all of the problems fixed. just be sure that when you have to leave a message that you leave a name phone # and a message and when you say your phone # be sure to say it slowly and clearly. that way we will be able to call the right person back also try to include a date when you called.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:13 PM
smokeout42o

I .....I.....CAPTIN!!
Old 02-27-2008, 07:02 PM
firebird1967

how do u tighten the carb
Old 02-27-2008, 07:24 PM
Kemo

there is either a nut or a screw where the carb mounts into the crankcase.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:44 AM
ezzrock2462

redcat monsoon will never buy again only had the monsoon xtr 2 months no bashing no jumps first steering sevo went bad then after front and rear diffs went bad break pads stripped out all tires are bold will never buy again and would not recomend to anyone did not even get a quart through it i got my mgt 8.0 the same time no problems 300$ bucks wasted if anyone wants iti willgive it awayand ihave been doing rc for ten years dont ever buy
Old 09-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: ezzrock2462

redcat monsoon will never buy again only had the monsoon xtr 2 months no bashing no jumps first steering sevo went bad then after front and rear diffs went bad break pads stripped out all tires are bold will never buy again and would not recomend to anyone did not even get a quart through it i got my mgt 8.0 the same time no problems 300$ bucks wasted if anyone wants it i will give it away[img][/img][img][/img][img][/img] and ihave been doing rc for ten years dont ever buy
This thread was last posted in back in 2008. Also, we prefer more constructive posts in a product support forum. If you wish to make a new thread to outline your disappointment with your Redcat, go ahead, but be prepared to defend your position, as there are many here who have had many gallons of fun from their cars and would have been happy to share with you how to solve the niggles that the car develops, had you asked them. As for needing to change the brake pads and tires, it's a budget car. If you expected indestructible for $300, then your expectations need an adjustment.

In order to prevent digging up of the old issues in this thread from many years ago, I must lock it now, but as I say, feel free to post a new topic describing the problems the car has, and we can probably help you get through them at minimal extra expense. If you choose to do so, keep it calm and civil. Thanks.

Locked.