Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Early stages of new Hurricane Thoughts?

You're welcome.....I actually LIKE reading about and looking at all those cars that I cant afford right now...Heh,heh...
    Lol,,Must be something Wrong with me![&:]

They could always sell em as RTM's. That way, we could put any engine we like in em.

Out here at my local track. I gotta race my Truggy with the Monster trucks, cuz there arent enough Truggy guys to make a seperate class. So its kind of a Free For All on race day. I know that ROAR legal engines are .21's, but im not sure Exactly what that means or how Important it is. I doesnt affect me right now cuz im in sort of an Open class, but I'm thinkin on getting a Hurricane an joinin the crowd, so can someone explain this ROAR thing?
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com
    THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

.21 roar legal engine, the monsoon comes with a .28 and the hurricane too.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ehroof

from what i have heard about whats going on, sts doesnt sound like a good way to go, a few of their main suppliers here in the US are gone.
    LMAO Of course.
    Sponsered by: ALL ABOUT FUN HOBBIES /ALL ABOUT FUN HOBBIES PRODUCT REVIEWER

+DD+

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i dont know what your lmao about, where did stsmicroengines.com go? Just do a decent search here on rcu about the sts engines, the bad mills, broken cranks, bad o rings, not that much to really laugh about.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Redharris

You're welcome.....I actually LIKE reading about and looking at all those cars that I cant afford right now...Heh,heh...
    Lol,,Must be something Wrong with me![&:]

They could always sell em as RTM's. That way, we could put any engine we like in em.

Out here at my local track. I gotta race my Truggy with the Monster trucks, cuz there arent enough Truggy guys to make a seperate class. So its kind of a Free For All on race day. I know that ROAR legal engines are .21's, but im not sure Exactly what that means or how Important it is. I doesnt affect me right now cuz im in sort of an Open class, but I'm thinkin on getting a Hurricane an joinin the crowd, so can someone explain this ROAR thing?

join the club Rich...I been thinking of my next purchase...was thinking monsoon...but yanno...them rtm's hopefully will be here at the end of next month...I been practicing and thinkin racing...lol..gotta drive 80 miles one way to run..but heck its only money...lol..so just may be another hurricane and keep my current one fer bashing
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

deep pockets and this hobby go hand in hand bro

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well they aint that deep...but hey im single so i got a bit to burn..lol
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

I don't know we had great sucess with them till Mark went bankrupt. Up till a week ago I had a 30 with 15 gallons run through it and the compression was still so high that the glow plug had to be loosened up to be able to get the roto start to turn the engine past the compression. Sold it to a guy that's bought lots of redcat from us and he's super happy with it. Broken cranks and blah blah blah are more the fault of the operator, running lean not taking care of the engine, and so on. I don't give a flying rats *#@ what it says anywhere on RCU, we sold alot of them off line and every one of them is still running with no problems. STS was a great engine for the price and when Rick Brake From R&B mods changes from novarossi to STS and endorses them and even designed a production engine for STS I would say maybe JUST maybe, god forbid, your wrong for once. Of course your come back will be blah blah blah, I know this and I have ONE and it was blah blah and it was junk blah blah blah.

ORIGINAL: ehroof

i dont know what your lmao about, where did stsmicroengines.com go? Just do a decent search here on rcu about the sts engines, the bad mills, broken cranks, bad o rings, not that much to really laugh about.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have 2 of them, actually gave one away, just couldnt hold a tune. There are just too many problems with them, not worth it. as i said, just do a quick search of people who own them.

Uh, of course you did and of course they do. I'lll just take the word of the customers who BOUGHT them and are still happily RUNNING them. Oh ya and hmmm they seem to be holding tunes just fine. Must be operator error, maybe the tunner doesn't know how to tune.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

sure, i dont have a clue on how to tune bro.

Maybe you should make another screen name here on rcu so you can post links to your sts engines, like you did last time bro and got caught.

LOL, whats with the flaming man. Calm down, your reading to much into mr big shot Redcat no-tech support forum guy. No one said you didn't know how to tune. I said the tunner, that could be anyone. Why you have to be low down and dirty like that. Your such a nice guy can't imagine why anyone wouldn't like you.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lots of great Ideas out there!! Darin, the first question that I would have is who are you marketing the new Hurricane to? If it is pure competition for hardcore racers, go with the wicked carbon fiber and beefed up suspension and servo combo. Hardcore racers will not mind shelling out the money for the latest technology. However, with that said, a great majority of the populous are not hard core racers. (though even I have had dilusions of grandeur from time to time..lol) I like the idea of optional upgrades to make the Hurrican as competative as the individuals would like to be . This is what attracts buyers to a particular rc brand. A great looking car with readily avalible parts and plenty of hop-ups for the seriuos racers!!! It may be a broad spectrum approach, but that way, in a sense, you really do please everyone on whatever level they choose to be on. Hextype screws would greatly help as well!!! I would listen to the dealers like ehroof very closely. They interact with the gambit of people in this hobby on and offline and KNOW what they are talking about!! That's my dime!!! Thanks for listening.[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good post rhemmyj .
    Carbon Fiber makes me Drool!
    I dont really have a problem with the Phillips head screws, but Hex screws Would be a welcome addition.
    In particular, I would like to see a Stainless Steel screw kit made available.

Im just Guessin here, but I think the ALUMINUM arms are made out of aluminum because it is a Typical material used for PROTOTYPING. Darin was talkin about the "moulds for the Plastic taking awhile" so I'm thinking we should be expecting to see Plastic parts.
    THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok.. I did some research, (prowling online and paging through my RC mags.).
    I looked at 4WD Buggies AND truggies. I did not look at Electrics or Road cars(cuz I dont know Crap about THEM.

The TOP of the LINE NITRO racers [Kyosho STRR(truggy), Associated RC8(buggy), O'Donnel Z01-B(buggy), OFNA HoBao 8.5(truggy), JamminX2-CRT(truggy)] all have King Pin style suspensions. These are expensive cars, going for approximately $500 to $700, or more.

Thats where you are incorrect. A kingpin suspension consists of an upper ball joint and a lower ball joint.

C-Hub is basically a hinge and generally has 1 or 2 bolts holding it to the C-Hub. With that benefit, it can not get loose... unlike kingpin because of the 2 ball joints.

The included pic is of a C-Hub assembly... not kingpin... the 2nd pic shows what kingpin is.

Now with this being said... and shown, you can see its also easier and faster to make repairs to a PBS suspension when compared to C-Hub.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv65394.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	22.4 KB 
ID:	888114   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn36166.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	888115  
    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don\'\'t.
    AMA: 722748

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats where you are incorrect. A kingpin suspension consists of an upper ball joint and a lower ball joint.

C-Hub is basically a hinge and generally has 1 or 2 bolts holding it to the C-Hub. With that benefit, it can not get loose... unlike kingpin because of the 2 ball joints.

The included pic is of a C-Hub assembly... not kingpin... the 2nd pic shows what kingpin is.

Now with this being said... and shown, you can see its also easier and faster to make repairs to a PBS suspension when compared to C-Hub.

Attachments
    Click to see fullsize image.
    Click for fullsize Click to see fullsize image.
    Exaclty what I said but in PICS! LOL well almost except for the easier to work on which it would definetly be.

I still always thought Kingpin C-Hub were different. My view of them are that on the Kingpin style the A-arm is bolted direclty to the knuckle on top of it and bottom and therefore when your a-arm hingpin mounts or arm hinge pin holes wear some you get a whole lot more play in the front end because the arms being bolted to the knuckle ball joint allows them to move side to side more. It did on my monsoon.

In the C-Hub design the A-arms are bolts the the Knuckle carrier and not the knuckle itself therefore when you hing pin mounts or arm hinge pin holes wear some you do not have the play in the front end as much because the Knuckle carrier will not move because it is not secured to the arms with a ball joint.
    Don\'\'t jump on the bandwagon...CRUSH IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOAH thats alot of bickering and all I have to say is, I have no opinion here at all because I have never had a problem with the suspension on any of my cars unless it was due to driver error. As for PBS Make it an option that way you can have the one you choose to have
    Bodies By Blue-Airbrushes Bring Out The Artist In All Of Us!!
    All About Fun Hobbies

i'm with blue, this thread has become a complete waste of space. instead of everyone giving there opionon on what they like and don't like so darin can make an informed decision, but no a couple have to keep arguing over what is better and what is what. get to the point now we have a picture of what they look like and what the differences are, leave it at that and let people look at them and form an opinion or give there experiances with the two styles. frankly I personally like both, they both have there ups and downs. instead of making a seperrate buggy with this suspension make it an affordable upgrade option. the die hards will buy it and the bashers won't simple as that. i 'm also with dennis as a dealer I don't think there is a need for yet another hurricane buggy. As for the debate which is better blah blah blah, kyosho, offna and some of the other big names are set up exactally like the hurricane and the parts are identical. I don't even stock offna or kyoso buggy parts because they hurricane parts interchange and are made the same, axle diff gears are a little different so I stock those, every thing else is the same. so I think the hurricane is perfect the way it is, just my two cents.

oh. P.S. just fix the steering servo, lol, just idding.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Attachments
    Click to see fullsize image.
    Click for fullsize Click to see fullsize image.
    Exaclty what I said but in PICS! LOL well almost except for the easier to work on which it would definetly be.

I still always thought Kingpin C-Hub were different. My view of them are that on the Kingpin style the A-arm is bolted direclty to the knuckle on top of it and bottom and therefore when your a-arm hingpin mounts or arm hinge pin holes wear some you get a whole lot more play in the front end because the arms being bolted to the knuckle ball joint allows them to move side to side more. It did on my monsoon.

In the C-Hub design the A-arms are bolts the the Knuckle carrier and not the knuckle itself therefore when you hing pin mounts or arm hinge pin holes wear some you do not have the play in the front end as much because the Knuckle carrier will not move because it is not secured to the arms with a ball joint.

I was confirming pretty much what you were saying... Someone else made a incorrect statement and assumed that C-Hub was a kingpin design. because if they want to say that, then why dont they say PBS is kingpin??? Just take the balljoints and lay them horizontal... EXCEPT, in this case, they use bigger pillow balls and a tight steering knuckle to prevent any looseness.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those that don\'\'t.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The (2page)advertisement for the ASSOCIATED RC8 Factory Team 1/8 Nitro Buggy in the Feb 08 issue of RC Car Action Magazine specifically states that it is a "True-Lock King Pin System". Buy it. Read it.
    I will check to see if I was Mistaken about the others, but they looked very similar to me. It is Beside the point anyway. It is Very apparent that the PBS system is Primarily(with some exceptions) used on the Mid Priced Racers, Not the Top of the Liners.
    Let me make myself Clear. I Never said that the PBS suspension was inferior in any way.
    It seemed to me that arguments were being made(incorrectly, IMHO), that PBS was the Preferred set up for Racing. That is Incorrect(at least at this point in time).

Call it King Pin or C Hub (I concede they are 2 different things), they are still FAR MORE popularly used by the Manufacturers when it comes to producing High End / Factory Racers.(At least as far as off road Nitro is concerned.)

P.S. All About Fun is Right! Enough with the "Back N Forth". If we can improve the design that Darin is going with, thats what we should be doing......
    THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Call it King Pin or C Hub (I concede they are 2 different things), they are still FAR MORE popularly used by the Manufacturers when it comes to producing High End / Factory Racers.(At least as far as off road Nitro is concerned.)
    A good majority of the drivers are running the PBS conversions that are available to them. that is Hyper 8, MBX-5, and the jammin buggies. PBS is also the newest to 1/8 buggy. You'll be seeing more of it in the near future.

Darin is takin a huge step in the right direction!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1.) Show me Pictures of these cars in the winners Circle.
    2.) I agree that Darin is doing a great job.
    3.) I NEVER said there was ANYTHING wrong with PBS suspension.
    4.) If you would read my earlier post, KEMO, you would see that I actually DEFENDED its Sturdiness.

One last thing. I would appreciate you NOT calling me a Retard if you ever PM me again.
    We dont wanna get PERSONAL here. Am I Right RC Ken?......
    THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my opinion is not everyone buys these cars to race them, so if the PBS system is used more for racing purposes it should be a upgrade not something that comes stock.

what kind of man PM's someone to call them a retard? thats real mature.
    Exceed Razor, RedCat Tsumani and wanna be Volcano

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Like I mentioned before the regular hurricane could stay the way it is and make the PRO model with the PBS minus all that heavy aluminum. Everyone can be happy then. If you want to bash=hurricane, If you want to race=Hurricane Pro with PBS!
    Don\'\'t jump on the bandwagon...CRUSH IT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1.) Show me Pictures of these cars in the winners Circle.
    Go look at race results and you'll see multiples of them in the top 10 of the A-Main. Google is a wonderful tool.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast