Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Clutch bell components

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:32 AM
cheeba400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch bell components

I lost the screw that holds the clutch bell on my avalanche. From the screw backing out, the shaft that goes around the screw and most of the washers and spacers fell out. I need to know where to get all the hardware for it and the correct assembly order. Thanks..
And yes I have contacted Redcat but they didnt answer..[]
Old 02-25-2008, 06:49 PM
cheeba400

Default RE: Clutch bell components

So, today I finally got ahold of Redcat and they gave me the info I needed as far as the parts go. Now, about the installation of them they could not tell me, he said " well, just put it all on and make sure everything fits. If the bell doesnt have the proper spacing then just remove one of the washers until it fits right and spins freely with no play". Well my issue with that response is, why would there not be a correctly engineered product. If there is guess work that is needed for a stock product to fit then my opinion is poor design and not very good support. If for some reason I get it to fit and turn freely with no play without using one of the products supplied then how can I be confident that it will last its intended life??? [sm=confused.gif][sm=eek.gif]
Old 02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
codokas

ORIGINAL: cheeba400

So, today I finally got ahold of Redcat and they gave me the info I needed as far as the parts go. Now, about the installation of them they could not tell me, he said " well, just put it all on and make sure everything fits. If the bell doesnt have the proper spacing then just remove one of the washers until it fits right and spins freely with no play". Well my issue with that response is, why would there not be a correctly engineered product. If there is guess work that is needed for a stock product to fit then my opinion is poor design and not very good support. If for some reason I get it to fit and turn freely with no play without using one of the products supplied then how can I be confident that it will last its intended life??? [sm=confused.gif][sm=eek.gif]
This should help ya out
DOUG
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46809.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	888825  
Old 02-25-2008, 10:14 PM
cheeba400

Awesome thanks a ton!
Old 02-25-2008, 10:29 PM
codokas

ORIGINAL: cheeba400

Awesome thanks a ton!
Your welcome
Just play with the shims so you have a free spin of the bell and not much play
DOUG
Old 05-21-2010, 09:54 PM
ws6_man

The image posted is not for a avalanche..I found this one, but can't attach it.
ping me and I can email it to you and you might be able to insert it.