Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Woot

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:59 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Woot

yall think a tow hook coming off a hurricane would look stupid??..lol
Old 02-26-2008, 10:59 AM
ranger4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok now you guys are goin too far..... you stole my idea for my volcano sv. although i am having trouble finding a tow truck body for my volcano.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 AM
Macanan

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

ok now you guys are goin too far..... you stole my idea for my volcano sv. although i am having trouble finding a tow truck body for my volcano.
But you guys do know that this is going to get deleted by RCKen because he feels we Redcat racers cant talk about moding our REDCATS

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=08-47699667-2

Maybe you can use the body from this.

Tyco Super Tow Mater Truck
Battery
Width: 9 in
Length: 18 in
Height: 10.5 in
Old 02-26-2008, 11:39 AM
5lagd

Redcat forum should be for Redcat racers talking about racing and all other stuff too, I thought this was supposed to be a COMMUNITY of Redcat owners. just my thoughts.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:39 PM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

Well I will get this thread on a better track then. Was out trying to break in my Monsoon this morning, and I have no range with it. Once I get about 8-10 ft away I start losing it. Servos start going crazy. I have all new batteries, and both crystals are tight. Antenna is good. What else could be causing this? And I am having trouble figuring out the FM transmitter. I have gotten the trims down, but what is everything else?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:44 PM
Macanan

I wished I could help you on that one but I dont have the FM transmitter I got a Futaba 2pl
Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
need2drag

that is cool. I am sure someone will be able to help me. I think I am going to go to the store and buy some brand new batteries just to double check. The batteries I put in it were new too, so I am just hoping I got some bad batteries or something.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Macanan

Why dont you get these, On a full charge it will give you 10.9 volts and they only take 15minutes for a full charge and there 2650 mah
Walmart sells the batteries thats where I got mine and I think walmart may sell the charger as well
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40892.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	889153   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60075.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	889154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Af90616.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	889155  
Old 02-26-2008, 01:13 PM
need2drag

Well the reason I haven't is cuz I can get industrial energizers for free. Thus why I haven't bought any rechargeable batteries.
Old 02-26-2008, 01:44 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: Macanan

But you guys do know that this is going to get deleted by RCKen because he feels we Redcat racers cant talk about moding our REDCATS
I never once stated that modding of Redcats could not be discussed. In fact, there are many existing threads here in this forum that discuss modifications to Redcat vehicles. The discussions that aren't allowed are those that do NOT pertain to Redcat vehicles. This is in line with this being a Redcat Support Forum. There is no "personal" feeling as to what I feel can or cannot be discussed here. This is covered by the RCU Community Rules and that is where decision is made about what can and cannot be discussed in this forum. Support forums are provided by RCU in order for manufacturers and vendors to support their products and provide customer service. The "strictness" of how the rules are enforced depends on each company that has a support forum. Some support forums are conducted where problems and questions are posted by a member and the only replies allowed are from the support staff of that product, no discussion from other members is allowed. Darin at Redcat has indicated to us that he does not want this forum to be that strict. But rather he wants he customers to be able to carry on conversations with each other. But these conversations do need to be Redcat related, and that is where a line is drawn about what's being allowed.

Ken
Old 02-26-2008, 01:54 PM
need2drag

see, all is good on the forums. Ok, still trying to figure out why I don't have any range on my Monsoon. On another note, I got my Tornado back together and she is running good. Took her outside ran her around a little, even went off the ramp a couple of times. My main concern now, is getting the Monsoon right. Can anyone help me???
Old 02-26-2008, 02:17 PM
need2drag

alright I am going to try and post some pics. The first one is after I got the Tornado back together and ran it to make sure it was good, and the second one is of the Tornado right before I started to put it back together. Let me know if they show up.
Old 02-26-2008, 02:40 PM
need2drag

OK, looks like I got the Monsoon figured out. I think one of the plugs for the servo's was just slighty loose. I couldn't really tell when I pushed on them a little if they were or not, but it seems to have done the trick. I ran it a little doing the whole figure 8 thing, till it got warm, ran it for about 5 minutes, then I shut it off, let it cool down, and did that again. So that is 2 times I have done that now. That used 1 tank of gas. How many more times do I need to do this again?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:52 PM
AffordableRC

I'm glad you figured out the radio issue. As for the break in, it sounds like you are going more for the heat cycle break-in. I would suggest putting at least 4-5 tanks through it before you start doing any sustained full throttle runs. You will want to give it more throttle on each tank being sure not to hold it at high RPM for more then 3 seconds. Tanks 1-2 go up to 1/4 throttle, tanks 3-4 up to 1/2 throttle and short 3/4-full throttle runs on tank 5. Let me know if you have any other questions.

PS: The Monsoon looks great, I love the body!!!!

-Derek
Old 02-26-2008, 03:04 PM
need2drag

Yeah, I was thinking the whole 5 tank deal. And upping the throttle every couple of tanks. I just did another run, and she is running really good. I gooses it a couple of times on accident, but it handled it well. I don't have a temp gun, so I have been doing the whole drop of water trick. I see the difference in temps now, so that is a good thing. But it seems to be running right, and heating good. I just talked to my dad, and he can't wait to see it this weekend. I am going to try and finish the break in today, since I will be going back to work tomorrow, that way, I can take it to the park and really start playing with it. We will see what happens though.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:48 PM
rclynx

Hey need2drag its a lot easier to upload pictures if you just click on the reply in the right upper corner of the last statement on the thread. Just trying to help
Old 02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
need2drag

cool. I see that now. Is that where it will just let me attach the smaller photos like I always see it? Thanks for the help bro. Ok, update time. I just finished going through the 4th tank of breakin. Well not just, it should actually be close to being cooled down now, so I am getting ready to go fill her back up and do the 5th and final tank of break in. I gave it about 3/4 throttle a couple of times, and boy does she take off. I can't wait until after work tomorrow when I can go to a nice wide open field and let her rip.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:32 PM
firebird78

just make sure to always put it at bdc asap...trust me I know...I do it all the time now..lol...but my question is..why are you driving my monsoon anyway???.....lol..j/k
Old 02-26-2008, 07:37 PM
need2drag

yeah I do that. Ok, so I got it broke it, tuned it a little and took it outside so my kids could see it, and they were chasing after it, got in my way and I smacked a pole. I broke a lower a-arm and shock. This next question is for dealers, how fast can someone get me these parts? I am willing to pay for the quick shipping. Let me know asap. I would like to have the parts by this weekend. Thanks
Old 02-26-2008, 07:42 PM
firebird78

if clermont has them u SHOULD get them by friday with regular shipping...never ordered from rufaster but it says he can expedite shipping and is online..nitro blaster
Old 02-26-2008, 07:43 PM
need2drag

I am waiting for the guy my dad goes through to get back to me, and depending on his price I might go with clermont.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:52 PM
AffordableRC

Thats a bummer man, how bad was the crash?? I sent you a PM.
Old 02-26-2008, 07:58 PM
need2drag

Crash was pretty bad. I clipped the pole with the right front corner, and I saw the a-arm snap. I was kinda brutal looking. Oh well, live and learn like I always say. This was definitely operator error. ha ha
Old 02-26-2008, 08:28 PM
dominicevans

that monsoon looks huge compared to the bb
Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 PM
need2drag

I know. It definitely handles different too. In a good way that is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.