Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

What is the story on this.........

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

What is the story on this.........

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 09:44 AM
schlags62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the story on this.........

This might have been discussed many times but I thought I would ask, since I am the owner of a "new" used Monsoon!
What is the story of Redcat? I see things are based out of AZ and it just sounds interesting to me!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:37 AM
webbl19

Default RE: What is the story on this.........

You mean how the company got started or how the quailty of the cars are?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:48 AM
schlags62

ORIGINAL: webbl19

You mean how the company got started or how the quailty of the cars are?
How they got started and such....yes thats what I mean?
Old 02-28-2008, 11:00 AM
webbl19

Well i dont know the full story so i will let someone from redcat answer this question.

All i know is that they treat there customers good. And have a good support team.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:31 AM
Xerokitsune

I AGREE VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WONDERFUL QUALITY OF CARS
Old 02-28-2008, 11:48 AM
schlags62

ORIGINAL: Xerokitsune

I AGREE VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND WONDERFUL QUALITY OF CARS
I agree with all that I just wanted a little background on the company and how it came to be?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

It started about 2 years ago. They sold atv's and took on some nitro cars. Then sold out the atv part, got some electrics and now have a full line. Thats it in a nutshell lol.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:22 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

LOL, that's about as simple as it can be said, lol.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:54 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

I tried Darin can respond with the whole story if he would like.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:47 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whole story huh.

Wow, where to begin. Well lets see. Basically my whole life I have built businesses. Redcat Racing is number 5 for me. Started an ATV biz in 2003 and grew it to over 20m in sales. I have since sold the ATV biz Feb of 2007. While visiting China, I found a few factories that made RC products. When I was 18 I used to race RC10 electrics and always enjoyed the hobby. Though I have not been involved in the hobby for 20 years, I always enjoyed those days at the track, breaking down the cars after every race, getting frustrated when I broke something and just the adrenaline of the races and getting ready for them. So, when in China found a few companies, visited their factories came back to the U.S. and started the research. This was mid 2005. Started looking at all the normal places to see how big the market is, who the competition was etc... Got a few samples sent over and beat the crap out of them. Narrowed the factory search down to 1 who happens to be the same factory we use today and started importing near the end of 2005. With about 400 dealers in the ATV biz we first offered the cars to them along with selling them on Ebay myself. The ATV dealers bought them by the thousands as they already knew how I ran a business and liked how we ran it, but we found that since they were not hobby shops that many did not have the knowledge needed to also run a hobby business out of their ATV shops. Those dealers dropped off but some remain today and some even focus more on the RC products moreso than the ATV biz now. Around January of 2006, I stopped selling on Ebay as the word started getting out about the Redcat Racing brand and hobby shops were getting interested.

The rest is history

Darin
Old 02-29-2008, 01:08 PM
DustyDoug

Cool story Darin!
My family owns an electronics business, maybe I can get the Old Man to let me start selling RC cars along with electronic test equipment!
Really though it sounds fun, I am hoping on retiring early and opening a small business involving something fun!
I am also a motorcyclist having compeated in off road endurance events for years and have worked in the motorcycle bizz as well.
So we have something in common there...

I think I would have a hard time convincing people at work that I am working when just "playing" with (testing really!) RC cars all day in the dranage basin out back...

Another note, there is a local hobby store named Race Place in Quakertown, PA. It is a store in an old farmers market and a perefict place to sell Red Cat!! Jim the owner is a great guy with many years in the RC bizz.
He said he has contacted you about becoming a dealer, I just wanted to put in the good word for him.
So the word is sign him up!!!
PLUS I can drive around the corner for parts!!!

Cheers,
Dusty