Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tornado EPX main gear

Well.. After my nice little run thru the slush and snow with my old electric buggy...I decided to quick run down the battery....set it down on the floor and gave it some juice and all I seen was a few little plastic peices fly off the main gear...[X(].... But it was my fault.. I didn't really clean it up good and the rear bearings are 3yrs old and after that run they seized up right good..So I was looking at the Tornado EPX main gear and it looks very similar to mine..just wondering if it might fit..here's some pics ( and the pooched bearing[&:] )...planning on rebuilding this buggy from front to back since it was my first "real" RC, But been running into some parts problem since no one sells these cars and there are basically no parts for them, But im sure its the electric version of the smartech winner sport or speedy tiger, parts for them look identical..just that they are nitro and obviously have some different parts. any help would be great! Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Db85680.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	892890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To43695.jpg 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	892891   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qk21228.jpg 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	892892   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xi61463.jpg 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	892893  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Tornado EPX main gear

Umm.. Anyone?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: zeen420

Well.. After my nice little run thru the slush and snow with my old electric buggy...I decided to quick run down the battery....set it down on the floor and gave it some juice and all I seen was a few little plastic peices fly off the main gear...[X(].... But it was my fault.. I didn't really clean it up good and the rear bearings are 3yrs old and after that run they seized up right good..So I was looking at the Tornado EPX main gear and it looks very similar to mine..just wondering if it might fit..here's some pics ( and the pooched bearing[&:] )...planning on rebuilding this buggy from front to back since it was my first "real" RC, But been running into some parts problem since no one sells these cars and there are basically no parts for them, But im sure its the electric version of the smartech winner sport or speedy tiger, parts for them look identical..just that they are nitro and obviously have some different parts. any help would be great! Thanks!
    count the teeth and if theyr the same, most likely it will work.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ummm ok.....post was deleted but, as I was saying before, I counted 62-63 teeth on the gear, was hard to tell.. the Tornado EPX gear should work eh? And dose anyone what size this drive shaft is? http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...p?partno=04003

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well... Thanks for the help guys......[:'(]