Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado EPX main gear

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 11:57 PM
zeen420
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado EPX main gear

Well.. After my nice little run thru the slush and snow with my old electric buggy...I decided to quick run down the battery....set it down on the floor and gave it some juice and all I seen was a few little plastic peices fly off the main gear...[X(].... But it was my fault.. I didn't really clean it up good and the rear bearings are 3yrs old and after that run they seized up right good..So I was looking at the Tornado EPX main gear and it looks very similar to mine..just wondering if it might fit..here's some pics ( and the pooched bearing[&:] )...planning on rebuilding this buggy from front to back since it was my first "real" RC, But been running into some parts problem since no one sells these cars and there are basically no parts for them, But im sure its the electric version of the smartech winner sport or speedy tiger, parts for them look identical..just that they are nitro and obviously have some different parts. any help would be great! Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85680.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	892890   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43695.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	892891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk21228.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	892892   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi61463.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	892893  
Old 03-02-2008, 01:43 PM
zeen420
Banned

Default RE: Tornado EPX main gear

Umm.. Anyone?
Old 03-02-2008, 10:14 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: zeen420

Well.. After my nice little run thru the slush and snow with my old electric buggy...I decided to quick run down the battery....set it down on the floor and gave it some juice and all I seen was a few little plastic peices fly off the main gear...[X(].... But it was my fault.. I didn't really clean it up good and the rear bearings are 3yrs old and after that run they seized up right good..So I was looking at the Tornado EPX main gear and it looks very similar to mine..just wondering if it might fit..here's some pics ( and the pooched bearing[&:] )...planning on rebuilding this buggy from front to back since it was my first "real" RC, But been running into some parts problem since no one sells these cars and there are basically no parts for them, But im sure its the electric version of the smartech winner sport or speedy tiger, parts for them look identical..just that they are nitro and obviously have some different parts. any help would be great! Thanks!
count the teeth and if theyr the same, most likely it will work.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:15 PM
zeen420
Banned

Ummm ok.....post was deleted but, as I was saying before, I counted 62-63 teeth on the gear, was hard to tell.. the Tornado EPX gear should work eh? And dose anyone what size this drive shaft is? http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdeta...p?partno=04003
Old 03-05-2008, 12:14 AM
zeen420
Banned

Well... Thanks for the help guys......[:'(]