Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Glitching Radio Crash

I just figured I would tell you what might have caused your interference. Do you know that the 27MHz band is also used for CB radios? When it comes to your little .1 watt transmitter Vs. a 4 watt CB guess who is going to win.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I didnt mean to start a BASH session on the Redcat Radio. Lol.
    That radio is actually pretty good for the $300 price of the Vehicle.
    Dont know many other MFG's that sell a Programmable FM radio(to set steering and throttle endpoints) with THEIR $300 cars.....
    And lets face it,,,,Most folks EXPECT to replace the Stock radios, any way, for anything other than Casual use.

Obviously, I AM havin a problem with MINE, but if YOUR radio is workin Fine, there is no reason to run out and replace it.
    I'm thinkin I just have a bad connection somewhere, or Maybe there was a RUN of bad Receivers from the factory.

Madmat
    Thats an interesting thought....
    I Know that Old school CB's with Analog components could drift out Calibration and Bleed into other Freqs.
    I'm not enuff of a Radio guy to Know if that is likely with Todays DIGITAL Transceivers.
    Any Radio Buffs out there that can comment on that?
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com
    THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well...I been around cb's some....u can get off frequency....some radios u can split channels....I do remember my dads cb messin with my radio shack golden arrow when I was a kid...so its veeeeeery possible....
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Redharris

I didnt mean to start a BASH session on the Redcat Radio. Lol.
    That radio is actually pretty good for the $300 price of the Vehicle.
    Dont know many other MFG's that sell a Programmable FM radio(to set steering and throttle endpoints) with THEIR $300 cars.....
    And lets face it,,,,Most folks EXPECT to replace the Stock radios, any way, for anything other than Casual use.

Obviously, I AM havin a problem with MINE, but if YOUR radio is workin Fine, there is no reason to run out and replace it.
    I'm thinkin I just have a bad connection somewhere, or Maybe there was a RUN of bad Receivers from the factory.

Madmat
    Thats an interesting thought....
    I Know that Old school CB's with Analog components could drift out Calibration and Bleed into other Freqs.
    I'm not enuff of a Radio guy to Know if that is likely with Todays DIGITAL Transceivers.
    Any Radio Buffs out there that can comment on that?
    Your soo right, bang for the digital buck, you can't beat redcat
    Got mine back on the road tonight, so far no reoccurning problems.
    When you can\'\'\'\'t run the one you love, bash the one that\'\'\'\'s still running....... Then buy more parts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have seen the radio glitch light for myself today. I took my Hurricane to work to show my guys and when I turned on the radio it freeked out. BAD. I am the fleet manager for a large school district and we have a 100' radio tower in our yard. The radio did not respond at all. I wanted to do it's own thing no matter what I did. I thought, well here we go, now the radio is gone.
    When I returned home tonight, the radio worked fine. No problem.
    I was not sure with todays radio systems (FM Digital) that radio interference would cause a problem, trust me, it does (big time)
    Hope this helps.
    Lee
    When you can\'\'\'\'t run the one you love, bash the one that\'\'\'\'s still running....... Then buy more parts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes... I work with Sat, Microwave, and HF communications. RF radiation causes havoc with all sorts of stuff if your close enough and/or the output is high enough.

Hhhhmn... maybe I'll take my Hurricane with the FM in it next time I go onsite to see what happens. Then I'll try out the other hurricane with the Airtronics FHSS and see if there is a difference. (I'd bet on the FHSS to work, but you never know)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

TThib ....
    Good idea! Let us Know what happens.....
    I've been in the Radio Forum, and even the Guys with SPECTRUM type 2.4Ghz radios suffer from Glitches n Weird behavior from time to time....
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com
    THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes, good Idea.
    I'm going to buy some different crystals for my radio and check again.
    Investigation is power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've heard that excessive vibration to the reciever can cause problems, though on the canes it's jammed in there pretty tight. I read somewhere to wrap your reciever in aluminum foil and it helps with interferance. I dunno... worth a try I suppose.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool, but watch out for your servos. My steering servo actually went past the stop and I had to take it apart and repair it. No big deal but a little time consuming.
    Let us know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12