Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

looking for a new truck.

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 08:28 AM
ranger4x4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a new truck.

i'm back and i gotta say thx to everyone for the kind words and good wishes i received. it was very much appreciated. now to get back to the important stuff.... i'm gettin a new rc.(lol) my wife said i need something to keep me from thinking too much so i should get a new truck to bash around.lol guess she has no idea how much thinking goes into one of these. anyway i got a 1/10 volcano sv that i'm gonna be ordering parts for very soon. but i want something bigger. at least a 1/8 or maybe a 1/5. but i have no idea what to get. i want tough, fast, and hopefuly reliability. what would you guys suggest? and oh yea 4wd too. i'm not good enuff at driving these yet to try to tackle a 2wd. plus 4wd does so much better in the mud.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:32 AM
rclynx

Default RE: looking for a new truck.

Avalanche is a good basher and even better if you get a good radio and servos to go with it. + what you pay for the Avalanche you could afford a good radio
Old 03-15-2008, 09:01 AM
rc rock

whats your budget?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:06 AM
ranger4x4

my budget? well doc bills are a lot less than i thought. i already sold my kenworth for 55,000 bucks. so i think i have about $1-2000 budget. the best part is my wife suggested i get another one. LOL she can't say a thing about how much i spend on this one.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:18 AM
rc rock

i hope my parents suggest that i get another rc....our rule is 2 per year[]
with that kind of budget you should definetly go for a large scale....(1/5,1/6,1/4)
i can only speak for the hpi baja ss... i have a buddy who has one and it rocks. really fast (for size) and it can take a lickin and keep on tickin...
depends on what your lhs supports but you can't get better parts availibility...
Old 03-15-2008, 09:23 AM
rclynx

OMG can you even imagine how old ehroof would be if he only got 2 a year........................I'd say about 150 or so [&:] LOL .................just kidding Eddie but its true
Old 03-15-2008, 09:33 AM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: rclynx

OMG can you even imagine how old ehroof would be if he only got 2 a year........................I'd say about 150 or so [&:] LOL .................just kidding Eddie but its true
nah. 120 sorry just had to
Old 03-15-2008, 09:36 AM
ranger4x4

now thats funny. my lhs is about an hour away, and it's a hobbytown usa. i'm not concerned with what they carry. i would rather spend my money from a dealer on here. i'm just looking to find out what everybody else has to say and also whats out there. i have been looking online but someone might know of some trucks i haven't even heard of.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:46 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

i'm back and i gotta say thx to everyone for the kind words and good wishes i received. it was very much appreciated. now to get back to the important stuff.... i'm gettin a new rc.(lol) my wife said i need something to keep me from thinking too much so i should get a new truck to bash around.lol guess she has no idea how much thinking goes into one of these. anyway i got a 1/10 volcano sv that i'm gonna be ordering parts for very soon. but i want something bigger. at least a 1/8 or maybe a 1/5. but i have no idea what to get. i want tough, fast, and hopefuly reliability. what would you guys suggest? and oh yea 4wd too. i'm not good enuff at driving these yet to try to tackle a 2wd. plus 4wd does so much better in the mud.

i didnt know you were sick, what heppened? Your ok?
Old 03-15-2008, 09:51 AM
ranger4x4

i'm still alive, i had to get a lung removed. i was out of the game for almost 2 weeks now. i had one lung collapse and was breathing through a machine for a week. anyway long story short, the only thing i can drive now is rc's. i even had to sell my kenworth w900l highway tractor to pay doc bills.i was told i almost bit the big one.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:53 AM
ehroof

i am sorry to hear it, may only good things happen now and have a speedy recovery.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:57 AM
rc rock

i am sorry to hear it, may only good things happen now and have a speedy recovery.
+1
Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 AM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: rc rock

+1
me too. You'll get better
Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 AM
rclynx

Teach me not to read the forum completely [&:] sorry to hear about your illness, sounds like your on the mend or I sure hope so, good luck on a speedy recovery [8D]
Old 03-15-2008, 11:03 AM
kuppler

ORIGINAL: pede_kid

ORIGINAL: rc rock

+1
me too. You'll get better
+3.... Get well soon Bro...
Old 03-15-2008, 01:04 PM
webbl19

Get better soon.

Now to the nitro issues, i think you should wait for the 1/5 scales to see how much they are going to cost and make your decission then, they look pretty awesome. Your budget is up there so either way im sure you could get one for that price but if they are too high i would look at other 1/5's also. I like the looks of the Baja myself, but the 1/5 truck redcat is coming out with looks pretty sweet. Himoto already has the 1/5 scale avalible i think. They have them listed at $1600!!!! That is way to much...But they are out of stock it says so they may not have them yet either.
Old 03-15-2008, 01:07 PM
rclynx

1600 to much ??? thats what one very good model sells for without an engine or electronics [:@]
Old 03-15-2008, 01:09 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: webbl19

Get better soon.

Now to the nitro issues, i think you should wait for the 1/5 scales to see how much they are going to cost and make your decission then, they look pretty awesome. Your budget is up there so either way im sure you could get one for that price but if they are too high i would look at other 1/5's also. I like the looks of the Baja myself, but the 1/5 truck redcat is coming out with looks pretty sweet. Himoto already has the 1/5 scale avalible i think. They have them listed at $1600!!!! That is way to much...But they are out of stock it says so they may not have them yet either.

thats is msrp, that is always higher, i have a feeling they will be much lower
Old 03-15-2008, 01:21 PM
webbl19

1600 to much ??? thats what one very good model sells for without an engine or electronics [:@]
Yes that is too much. You can get a RTR Baja or the Duratrax firehammer for a $1000. They are only rear wheel drive but i cant see making a 1/5 4wd costing another $600.

Ed i see what you are saying it should be much lower. Dealers im sure will get a much better price but more then i am willing to spend for sure. I can get a regular car for $1600. Or that flat screen i have been looking at.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

glad the surgury went well. You let me know what you want and pm me out of here and you will get a special deal. When people are down and out like that a good deal is awaiting
Old 03-15-2008, 02:56 PM
perhamrocks

ORIGINAL: webbl19

Get better soon.

The redcat web site says that the price should be under $1000!
Old 03-15-2008, 03:25 PM
jumpanddrop

umm the baja is a prety cool buggy, my freind has one. to make it realy fly tho(i think with most stock 1/5 gas scales) ur goin to need to put a good pipe and maybe a bigbore kit. i think the redcats wil be sweet but i gess we will see how much they will be
Old 03-15-2008, 05:07 PM
Redharris

All I can say is , "They better not use that CRAP Redcat FM Radio on the 1/5 or someone is gonna get Killed." No Laughing Matter.....
Old 03-15-2008, 07:25 PM
5lagd

Glad you are still with us Ranger, instead of buying a 1/5s why not 2 or 3 1/8s or a the whole 1/10s lineup.lol
Old 03-15-2008, 07:39 PM
firebird78

from one driver to another get well soon...with a budget like that you could get almost anything ya want...my hurricane is great..with the clermont mod it will lite it up..heard the avalanche is great..like the looks of the monsoon also..all depends on what u want..you could buy all 3 of the ones I mentioned before for about the same money as an baja..heck you could buy 2 of em and do something special with the wife....lol..I know how truckin is...done it fer 8 yrs..miss the trucks and drivin but not all the bs...hopefully everything works out fer ya....enjoy life off the road bro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.