Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

REDCRAP FM RADIO

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 PM
RC Danny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REDCRAP FM RADIO

Well people ed was right about that fm radio is a peace of crap my car is in a million peaces so all you guys out there with that radio be careful listen to eddie thank you and have a nice day.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:27 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: REDCRAP FM RADIO

sorry to hear it bro, how bad was the damage? what happened?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:43 PM
RC Danny

Really bad bro chassie is bent amr's snaped body cracked two front wheel's cracked man it's shot shock's bent oh boy to much to list ed. that radio.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:48 PM
rckreep

When I got my 2nd tsunami(parts car) I switched my good car to the AM that came with the parts car for that reason. Seems to work real good and a ton easyer to understand.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:53 PM
sheograth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Without trying to offend anyone - redcat REALLY needs to spec out better radios, even if that means not buying them from the OEM that makes their cars. It'll do a lot in my mind to improve the companies image and would also mean happier customers. I would also hire someone to write a good manual for each car, won't be a huge investment and would go along way to make the product more professional looking.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:02 PM
rckreep

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Without trying to offend anyone - redcat REALLY needs to spec out better radios, even if that means not buying them from the OEM that makes their cars. It'll do a lot in my mind to improve the companies image and would also mean happier customers. I would also hire someone to write a good manual for each car, won't be a huge investment and would go along way to make the product more professional looking.

Well said.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:02 PM
RC Danny

redcrap shoul replace everone's radio for free that would be a nice and right thing to do.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:04 PM
firebird78

they need to quit putting the fm in new cars...im going to run my am system from my lightning in my second hurricane till I get another reciever or get a spektrum...the am seems like a decent radio...ran 10 tanks of fuel out of my lightning tonight and not one problem...think I'm pitching my fm in the trash
Old 03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Swamp3r

I also think that fail safes and throttle return springs would be a good idea. We would obviously be paying more for a redcat, but I'm ok with that.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:08 PM
5lagd

I was *****ing that others got an FM withtheir Tsunami ultrawide. i felt gyped. now i think i am happy to have an AM
Old 03-21-2008, 08:10 PM
ehroof

the failsafe wont help, my avalanche had one on it, the throttle just stayed open and it took off, i wish i had a return spring, its like the system just fails.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:17 PM
sheograth

Yeah, a failsafe still relies on certain things in the system working properly. A good return spring or independent ignition killer is best. Nitros are a bit harder to just "kill" though. 1/5 gassers have a nice big red button for that
Old 03-21-2008, 08:17 PM
firebird78

for the longest time I thought a battery came loose on mine...that could be it to but mine took off on me and ran straight into a semi leaned next to the shop at full speed..broken upper and lower arm..stripped hub and broken steering arm..picked up my buggy and the entire left front side remained on the ground..the impact may have loosend the battery..if I remember right I think I was waiting for my jr system..
Old 03-21-2008, 08:20 PM
RC Danny

lol you better be happy you got the am it's better then the fm for sure.

Im just going to use this truck for part's its that bad. They really need to do something about this but i know they wont cause they dont care about us once they get your money it a done deal. It your problem now that how they think its very sad Ill never buy a redcrap again.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:23 PM
firebird78

i wont go quite that far...but once I get enuff recievers I'll never run their radios again..chancing it with my am for awhile..but thats it
Old 03-21-2008, 08:31 PM
RC Danny

they dont even answer the phone when you call them it's crazy.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:35 PM
sheograth

Self Edited - inappropriate for this particular forum.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:38 PM
firebird78

well bro if my hurricane was pretty much totaly destroyed when it ran off on me I might have the same kinda thinkin as you...I got lucky and just had to replace the whole left front of mine though...i am a bit torqued about it now, I was blaming it on the battery and being a noob...but now im not sure..guess there is no way of knowing
Old 03-21-2008, 08:52 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, I'm going to step in here. I do understand your frustration with the situation, and I'm not trying to reduce that at all. But this forum is a support forum. You have stated your problems now you need to allow Redcat to respond to them. But the bashing of Redcat isn't going to go on in here. This isn't the proper venue for those discussions. As I just said, now that you have laid out your problem you need to allow Darin, or one of his reps, to address the situation. That's the purpose of this forum from the start, for Redcat to support their customers.

Thanks for your cooperation here.

Ken
Old 03-21-2008, 08:56 PM
Lordmik

I've never had a lick of trouble out of my AM radios.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:59 PM
sheograth

Understood ken, you're right. Though I think we also need to appreciate the difference between stating something intelligently and "bashing". I feel that RCU doesn't make that distinction very well.

That said, you are right that this forum is for REDCAT to support us. Sorry bout that.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:07 PM
firebird78

I hope my previous posts were not taken as bashing redcat..I have 3 of em and I like them a bunch...and I will purchase more in the future
Old 03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: sheograth

Understood ken, you're right. Though I think we also need to appreciate the difference between stating something intelligently and "bashing". I feel that RCU doesn't make that distinction very well.

That said, you are right that this forum is for REDCAT to support us. Sorry bout that.
Sheograth,
RCU has nothing at all about discussing issues, and it happens all the time in our forums. But when the issues are discussed they need to be done in the proper forums and done within the RCU Community Rules. RCU never tries to police opinions or ideas, as long as they are done within our rules.

Ken
Old 03-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ok guys, I'm going to step in here. I do understand your frustration with the situation, and I'm not trying to reduce that at all. But this forum is a support forum. You have stated your problems now you need to allow Redcat to respond to them. But the bashing of Redcat isn't going to go on in here. This isn't the proper venue for those discussions. As I just said, now that you have laid out your problem you need to allow Darin, or one of his reps, to address the situation. That's the purpose of this forum from the start, for Redcat to support their customers.

Thanks for your cooperation here.

Ken
Redcat has ALREADY responded,,, Ken.
Darin is on Record as saying that the problems we are having with the Redcat FM radio system has been experienced by less than 1% of all the people who HAVE this system. He stated this in another thread (if I can Find it, I will Post a Link). I am going on the Record to say that I THINK his Numbers are incorrect. Based on the RESPONSE that I got to my original Thread, relating MY experiences with TWO of these radios, I think the problem is MUCH larger than that.
I encourage People to make their dissatisfaction with this Radio KNOWN here and Elsewhere. This is a Safety issue as much as it is an economic one.
Sooner or later, someone will be hurt, and the lawsuits will start. God forbid he put THIS radio in the 1/5 vehicles. Imagine a runaway with one of THOSE....
Old 03-21-2008, 10:50 PM
5lagd

guess there is no ULC testing on them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.