Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Got my Tornado going! ( short vid up )

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Got my Tornado going! ( short vid up )

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 07:10 PM
zeen420
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Tornado going! ( short vid up )

Well, Got to the LHS, Got all my stuff...minus the new spektrum dx2.0 ( didn't have it, but ordering it online), Think I got everything correct..Tryed to start it once so far but I installed my fail-safe wrong I think and I had no throttle control, So I removed it and it worked, Tryed again and the thing was just started to scream! scared to poop right outta me lol....Now I got no idea what the netural setting is for the idle screw, Bit of help?

Edit, Went to try a second start, got it going but I had to keep the brake half way on for it to stop, Is this the idle screw?
Old 03-22-2008, 07:31 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Got my Tornado going!

sounds like it....1 mm opening by looking in the throat of the carb...make sure ur radio is on when u set it...congrats on getting all ur stuff
Old 03-22-2008, 07:32 PM
firebird78

also make sure ur fuel trim is set to normal on your transmitter also
Old 03-22-2008, 07:48 PM
5lagd

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...od_id=SPM20200 spektrum DX2 from a canadian supplier bro. How does it sound, are you addicted to the sound n smell yet????

carb opening pic ............
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98604.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	306.6 KB
ID:	910785  
Old 03-22-2008, 09:34 PM
zeen420
Banned

Alright, well.. I got thru one tank and having bit of troubles tuning it, gettin frustrated.. gunna wait till tomorrow
Old 03-22-2008, 09:40 PM
ehroof

you dont tune on your first tank of fuel. you break it in first then you tune. You need to set the high needle to 2 1/2 out on the low, flush with the colar around it. make sure your idle is set up so there is a 1-2mm gap opening on the carb so it will idle.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35218.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	910918  
Old 03-23-2008, 09:44 AM
zeen420
Banned

Alright, I got a 1500mah hump pack, How long should this take to charge? it says no where..
Old 03-23-2008, 10:02 AM
ehroof

it depends on the charger, a decent way to judge is divide the mah of the pack by the mah of the charger, if the charger is 100mah and the pack is 1500 then its about 10 hours.
Old 03-23-2008, 01:07 PM
zeen420
Banned

Ok, got my 4th tank in, But everytime I hit the brake it stalls out?
Old 03-23-2008, 02:53 PM
zeen420
Banned

Well, tryed to figure it out, and I can't.. 6th tank and it ran away on me, bent the shock tower.... not much..

No idea what im doing
Still stalls when I hit the brakes, and I cant even get it over half throttle or it boggs out and stalls, tryed screwin with the trim and thats not helping... I dont know.. starting to think that nitro wasn't for me [:'(]

Edit: Also had to splice my hump pack wires because the connections didn't fit
Old 03-23-2008, 03:18 PM
jumpanddrop

ok for the stalling part, that means its to lean. richin the high speed a half or full turn out. i had the same probelm. now for the stalling problem, when you adjust your idle, push the break all the way and then ajust it. 100 bux says its closing the carb when your puting the break on. then if you car is idling to fast then your in nuteral(no break and no gas) then ajust you linkage on the reciver and if that not enof then you have to ajust in on the car. hope this helps
Old 03-23-2008, 03:31 PM
zeen420
Banned

ORIGINAL: jumpanddrop

ok for the stalling part, that means its to lean. richin the high speed a half or full turn out. i had the same probelm. now for the stalling problem, when you adjust your idle, push the break all the way and then ajust it. 100 bux says its closing the carb when your puting the break on. then if you car is idling to fast then your in nuteral(no break and no gas) then ajust you linkage on the reciver and if that not enof then you have to ajust in on the car. hope this helps
Ok, Now, Do I do this with the car on or off?

Edit: Whats a netural setting for the idle screw? its all messed up
Old 03-23-2008, 08:12 PM
jumpanddrop

ok sorry i miss spelled that. im saying that first you ajust the idle so when the break is on it idles corectly, then when you relese the break and the motor revs up, this means your linkage is ajusted wong. then you can ajust it with the transmitter or you might have to ajust it on the car. you do this with the car on so youo know if the car is idling correctly
Old 03-23-2008, 09:14 PM
zeen420
Banned

Alright, I think I have that problem solved with it cutting up when I hit the brake...
Now... I'm done my break in, Starting to tune it.. I still don't know what is a neutral setting for the idle screw is, Because that would help alot! And, I can't get it half throttle without it bogging out, But I was told thats the high speed adjustment, correct?

Other then that, Today was alright! I can't get the smell of the nitro fumes off of me, But I kinda like it

And... WOWWWW!!! That thing is stupid fast LOL, Not even hitting second gear and shes flyin!
Did a couple donuts and I got going to fast that it almost jumped off the ground and did the floppy chicken lol
Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 PM
jumpanddrop

ok the reson its bogging is its to lean. im am 99.9% sure of that. richin it up a good half turn. i know that break in setings are 2.5 turns out but i have fuly tuned my tornado and it likes to be 3 turns out.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:00 PM
jumpanddrop

and there is no nuteral setting fot the idle screw. i was trying to say before the test out the car in nuteral( as like noo gas on the transmitter and no break, in between. when you pull the break, the gap in the carb should be the same as when you let the trigger go. if its not and the throtle is opening more then you need to adjust your linkage.
Old 03-23-2008, 10:07 PM
zeen420
Banned

ORIGINAL: jumpanddrop

and there is no nuteral setting fot the idle screw. i was trying to say before the test out the car in nuteral( as like noo gas on the transmitter and no break, in between. when you pull the break, the gap in the carb should be the same as when you let the trigger go. if its not and the throtle is opening more then you need to adjust your linkage.
Ok, I'm going to have to wait untill tomorrow anyways, I got the gap thing and linkages figured out, But there is no kinda of a neutral setting for the idle screw???, Kinda weird....like either its all the way in, or all the way out, or sitting in the centre.. I dunno, I'm tired LOL..this ain't even making sense to me any more [&:][&:]..Tomorrow will be a new day
Old 03-23-2008, 10:11 PM
jumpanddrop

hu, sounds like its stripped..... its should screw in and out just like the high and low needle. it shouldent push in or out. if it is stripped then you should get a new motor or at least a new carb from who ever u bought it from since its so new
Old 03-23-2008, 10:14 PM
zeen420
Banned

No, not stipped, worded that wrong sorry, LOL..I'll get a short vid a some pics of what my settings are at and do a vid of a couple runs..do that tomorrow..

Odering my new radio, rims/tires, throttle return spring, and a few other little things tomorrow aswell
Old 03-23-2008, 10:41 PM
jumpanddrop

ORIGINAL: zeen420

No, not stipped, worded that wrong sorry, LOL..I'll get a short vid a some pics of what my settings are at and do a vid of a couple runs..do that tomorrow..

Odering my new radio, rims/tires, throttle return spring, and a few other little things tomorrow aswell
sweet, did you get the 2ch or 3ch one???. i also thinkthat they have a deal on right now, buy one reciver get on free. i would do that so you have three recivers then the radio will be good for all your trucks. im looking at buying that 3ch spectrum. i like that one b/c it has a 4 modle memery and will be good if i buy a truck with reverse
Old 03-24-2008, 12:52 PM
zeen420
Banned

I'm not to sure on getting the spektrum yet, I seen Idgasp's JR and think I might just go with that for now.

LHS better have them, lol.. I can bring my buggy this time Id
Old 03-24-2008, 05:49 PM
5lagd

I'm not to sure on getting the spektrum yet, I seen Idgasp's JR and think I might just go with that for now.

i wont be have another saturday off for 3 weeks. boohoo. my JR radio was $109 i think.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:38 PM
zeen420
Banned

ORIGINAL: ldgasp

i wont be have another saturday off for 3 weeks. boohoo. my JR radio was $109 i think.
Thats a bummer man, thats not a bad price at all,

I did get the buggy out today to burn off the tank I had in there since the weather man "says" were getting snow [], It was pretty cold out but I figured that I fixed the problem with when I brake it cuts off the engine, But I guess not..... Now is there a screw that adjust that opening...or... is it adjusted by the linkage on the car its self and the trim?
Old 03-24-2008, 07:09 PM
5lagd

ORIGINAL: ldgasp

Thats a bummer man, thats not a bad price at all,

I did get the buggy out today to burn off the tank I had in there since the weather man "says" were getting snow [], It was pretty cold out but I figured that I fixed the problem with when I brake it cuts off the engine, But I guess not..... Now is there a screw that adjust that opening...or... is it adjusted by the linkage on the car its self and the trim?
put on the brakes without the car running and look down the carb. is it completely closed? if it is screw (i think) the black screw under the aircleaner in untill you see the carb open up to 1-2 mm. let mw know if i am right on this guys?

I am having problems with my buggy shifting so i think i am going to convert it to a single speed. less hastle.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:21 PM
zeen420
Banned

Ok, well If that screw is the thing that opens up that hole then I think mines busted [&:], If i screw it in all the way it will slightly open around 2mm but it will stick at full trottle if I go counter clockwise it ( all the way out) it does nothing.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.