Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hurricane problems

Hey guys,
    I have a Hurricane XP and love it! Although, I cant say much about the radio and receiver, after installing fresh batteries. I lost control of my car about 10 feet away from me!!!! At half speed about a 45% angle and ate the curb! weird. I broke a few bits on the right front of the car not to mention the bumper stop! Should I get the auto shut off or invest in a new radio setup?

I Lost control once like this before, but the car was on the other side of the parking lot, maybe (50 or more yards away) and jumped off a snow padded curb onto an adjacent parking lot, full speed! As I watched in amazement the car launched! It landed a good fifty feet from the stepped (empty) parking lot from which it came. It landed on one of the back wheels which disintegrated on impact and flipped for maybe another 20 feet before coming to complete rest. Didn't really break much expect for the brand new wheels I got.
    Should I get the auto shut off or invest in a new radio setup?
    Anyway a lot of stuff is bent now from bashing this thing, so I'd like to fix it.

Some things which give me trouble:
    After running it full speed back and forth for a few times and coming to a rest or slowing down. It likes to die on me, this always happens at about half a tank left.
    The car is broken in fine with 20% fuel. It idles fine and doesn't stall. Starts up on the first time, I use after run oil. Theres plenty of smoke all the time. Could it be over heating? I don't know? Ever since switching to 33% nitro I have had this problem. I have never heat tested it.
    Another thing is the shocks all rebound differently now. Probably, just needs to be re-oiled, any suggestions?
    One more thing how do you get the wheels off without breaking something else on this car? There really like almost glued on there! lol. I know stupid question. I mean the actual wheel off the hub.
    Thanks guys,
    L

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hurricane problems

If you have the FM radio setup email RadcatRacing and he will trade them out for a new AM setup because they are having problems out of the FM ones.
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

Redcat Offers a warranty on radios as we always have. If you are having issues with your radio, you should visit the link below.

http://www.redcatracing.com/warrantyclaimform.asp

I have stated in an earlier post that the problems we have heard about are less than 1% on the FM radio. We use the warranty requests as the barometer to determine if there are issues and there have not been many warranty requests on the FM's. If we start to notice a lot of requests for certain things, we take it to the factory for resolution.

I understand that many people on our forum, are mentioning issues with their FM radios. I suggest that if you have a problem to use the form link above and also follow many things that people have mentioned in the forums prior to running your car.

Some of these things include:

Make sure your batteries are fully charged
    Make sure your crystals are firmly pushed all the way in the controller and the receiver pack
    Always tape your batteries together
    Run the vehicle in an open area where there might not be other interference
    Install a failsafe and throttle return springs
    Prior to running your car, test the radio before running by having a friend hold the car as you walk away from the vehicle testing the controls

Those of you that have already posted issues with your FM radio on the forum, are welcome to email me directly with the parts that you need to fix your car. I will work with you on a discount for those parts to get you up and running again. Of course, this can only go for those that have FM radios, have already posted their issue and purchased the vehicle new from a Redcat dealer. I may ask for pictures of the vehicle and may also ask for certain broken parts to be returned.

Darin
    darin@redcatracing.com
    ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

Anyone that has a bad radio or even anyone that is concerned that their FM radio will have an issue in the future can swap their FM radio for a new AM radio with new servos.

The main issue is we are pretty much out of stock on all radios, but I am working with the factory to get some shipped in via Air or on our next container due in at end of April.

In the next few days, I will put together the plan for the swap out with a webpage and directions on how we will handle this.

We will need radios and servos returned for those that want to do the swap.

Our cost difference from the factory on the AM to FM radio is about $5 and I will be happy to put a $5 credit on everyones account that does the swap out.

I will also handle issues via email on those that need parts where they believe the radio was at fault. I will work with you on discounts on parts that we associated with this. You should email me directly.

The radio swap will be via a form with instructions on how to handle the actual swap out to AM so please don't email me on that just yet as I want to get the dates and full instructions in place.

We will also be sending a notice to all dealers on the potential issues with the FM digital radios so they can inform their customers who can also swap radios if they choose.

As stated before in another thread, the forums are great, no matter the subject. They make Redcat stronger and better at what we do. Even though, from where I sit, I don't hear about the issues or potential problems probably due to what some of you guys said, such as people won't report a defective radio or let us know as they would just buy a better one, it is threads like this that make any potential problem come to light. It's a lesson well learned. We need to react faster and change the ways we gauge potential problems.

At the beginning of the Redcat forum on RCU, I could have taken 2 roads. 1. Just let it be. Let the users run it and just leave all the things alone. 2. Join in, make comments, talk about what we are doing, build relationships etc.. Of course I took road number 2. Show me another forum where the owner of the company interacts daily with their users and I will show you a company that has gotten 100x better than when they started.

Thanks

Darin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool. Thanks for the heads up on the radio front! My car is almost two years old now and I have the AM radio. Does that matter?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about the other things?

How do you get the rims off the hubs?

And what shock oil do you guys use?

Thanks,
    L

I put Associated 40wt in my shocks, It's got a real nice feel now.

Not following you on the wheels... Are you asking how to get the tires off the rim? Or the rims/tires off the car?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yeah sorry I mean the whole wheel and tire. After I take off the lug nut, I cant seem to get the wheel to budge at all. I cant get this stupid wheel off without feeling like im going to break something else on this thing, by pulling on it so hard. ??

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Heat it up with a blow dryer and try. Heck even try some cooking oil and let it sit for abit. I'd try the blow dryer first though.
    Edit alot easier to clean up lol

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ///AMG55

Yeah sorry I mean the whole wheel and tire. After I take off the lug nut, I cant seem to get the wheel to budge at all. I cant get this stupid wheel off without feeling like im going to break something else on this thing, by pulling on it so hard. ??
    Yeah I know what you mean and I asked the very same question when I got mine. After the wheel nut was off, it felt like the wheel was still glued to the hub or there was some other kind of grub screw that I hadn't loosened off. Turns out that they are just a very tight fit on the hub. I think I used screwdriver placed in the centre of the hub with the fat end resting on my gut, and then grab the rim as close as possible to the hub and PULL!
    After it was off, I give the rim hole a light sand so it went back on easier and havent had a problem since.

Your rims wouldn't happen to be yellow?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow, good idea! Yes the are yellow! How did you know? Lol

When I bought the new style chrome rims and tires they were easy to put on and take off! No problems but these are horrible!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow, good idea! Yes the are yellow! How did you know? Lol

When I bought the new style chrome rims and tires they were easy to put on and take off! No problems but these are horrible!
    ha funny, must be just the yellow ones that are tight...... weird.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok, next dilemma.
    I know the tires are glued to the rims.
    How do I get the tire off rim?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

bowl em...will loosen the glue
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

hehe... Firebird meant "boil them". If you choose to go this route, use care in watching the water level or you'll end up with a pile of melted plastic and rubber!

Option 2: CA glue debonder - I've personally found this to work real well. You can get it at Woodcraft (if you have one near you) or at Tower here. Cheaper at tower, but I never used that one personally.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Boiling warps tires sometimes so i would use that as a last resort

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So how long do I let them in them boil for? ahh, I think I'm just gonna get the Ca stuff. Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys update,
    I contacted Darin, very nice by the way. He told me I am not eligible for the radio swap because I have an AM radio, but I did get a discount on some parts I needed very badly!

So how long do I let them in them boil for? ahh, I think I'm just gonna get the Ca stuff. Thanks.
    boil them for like 10/15 minutes, not a rapid boil, just a simmering boil and you will be ok. i boil all my rims/tires. it will dull a shiny chrome finish though.
    125 characters and 2 lines is not enough to list my RC obsession!!!