Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Normal?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Normal?

I've just recently got into nitro and my Tornado BB after a run is coated with nitro from the carb down onto the chassis. Is this normal?

Also, I have the stock exhaust setup and the pipe detaches from manifold/header(?) pretty easily. How tight should those zip ties be on? Is there suppose to be a real tight seal? I'm asking because I'm having a really hard time building pressure into the fuel tank via plugging the pipe and using the pull start.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Normal?

Far as I know those zip ties should be super tight so you get the back pressure for the carb.
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Make sure the exhaust manifold is tight (header) and check the head bolts or screws and make sure there tight (make sure you tighten them evenly)

The zip ties do a little of the holding but not always the best. Make sure the muffler stand or spring is holding the muffler toward the header and tight so it can't move[&o]
    Custom Cars bring out the stars / Home of the RCLYNX, RC IMPROVEMENT, MOD, SALES & SERVICE Dealer;XTM, CEN, HPI & much more

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got a traxxas coupling and it works great. i have a header and rpm ae pipe and it fits perfect.
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae