Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

redcat whats going on?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 09:55 AM
shoota0075

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default redcat whats going on?

i was reading some of the other post here and i noticed that a lot of the redcat family are very unhappy .Is this only about the spur gear or is there other issues that me and a lot of other folks don't know about? because i am still trying to decide between the advlanghe and the savage 4.6 .i know things come up ,but i don't want a lot of bull with the advalanghe if i go that way ,is the spur gear problem being taken care of by redcat?
Old 03-24-2008, 10:11 AM
StephenW

Default RE: redcat whats going on?

yea plus it is just a couple of bucks to fix before u drive. Never had a spur gear prob and i have had my car for almost a year. Im still happy cause my hurricane should be coming soon[8D]
Old 03-24-2008, 10:27 AM
shoota0075

what car do you have? is the spur gear only a problem in certain cars or all of them?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:04 AM
StephenW

not sure .. have the tornado xp
Old 03-24-2008, 11:36 AM
bluecaka69

the problems was with the tornado xp and redcat has since then upgraded cltch bell to steel the aluminum one was not round and cause gears to dtrpi very easy it has been resolved now any stripping is user error
Old 03-24-2008, 06:19 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: shoota0075

i was reading some of the other post here and i noticed that a lot of the redcat family are very unhappy .Is this only about the spur gear or is there other issues that me and a lot of other folks don't know about? because i am still trying to decide between the advlanghe and the savage 4.6 .i know things come up ,but i don't want a lot of bull with the advalanghe if i go that way ,is the spur gear problem being taken care of by redcat?

there is no issue with the 1/8th scale gears...man if there was mine woulda been toast loooooooong ago....my engine mount screws came out (cause the werent loctited..MY FAULT)..and the thing screamed like a banshee...still the same gears..
Old 03-25-2008, 02:26 AM
rc rock

i have a tornado bb with 1.5 gallons through and both my clutch bell and spur gears have no wear....
Old 03-25-2008, 02:34 AM
Swamp3r

I have a monsoon without any problems I think peep are over exagerating the redcat problems . I'll bet losi and others have problems too atleast redcat deals with the problems.And he come's in here and talks to us. And tells us whats going on. The radio recall to me was more than enough confirmation for me to order another redcat. I do agree with past posts about trying to find redcat dealers.We need a better list.