Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado BB Upgrade.

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 09:46 AM
shotgun32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado BB Upgrade.

Hey, has anyone had a problem installing the CV's from the upgrade kit or the CV's part number 166015 on the Tornado BB. The hole for the pinis to close, it makes it drag on the bearing and tight to spin the wheel. If I hold beside a stub axle there's a good 3 or 4 mm difference on mine.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:13 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: Tornado BB Upgrade.

Ive never heard of that. make sure nothing is binding or anything, and make sure your bearing are in all the way.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:59 PM
shotgun32

Default RE: Tornado BB Upgrade.

Figured it out. The holes are drilled in different locations on stub axle and CV upgrade making the distance between the bearings different, causing the wheel to bind and be to tight to turn. The material between the bearings on the hub (front anyways), needs to be drilled out to 3/8" allowing the axle from the CV to slide in further. It binds on the plastic. Pictures say a thousand words.

heres where it needs to be drilled, didn't try rear but would
be willing to bet some bucks.I know, don't quit my job to take pics lol.