Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

A few things

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:47 AM
Swamp3r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few things

I ran my monsoon today and noticed something wierd, one of my back tires is really loose but the lug nut is very tight. Can I put a washer in there to take up the slop? the other tires have a smidge of slop. Should I just add washers to all 4 tires.Yes the tires are on properly.

The other thing is I see long posts about other redcats but none of the monsoon is it causes nobody likes it.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:16 AM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: A few things

As far as the wheel slop goes I am not sure...but the long posts on the Monsoon is because I think not very many people have them, and I don't think it has been out for very long.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:20 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Swamp3r

I ran my monsoon today and noticed something wierd, one of my back tires is really loose but the lug nut is very tight. Can I put a washer in there to take up the slop? the other tires have a smidge of slop. Should I just add washers to all 4 tires.Yes the tires are on properly.

The other thing is I see long posts about other redcats but none of the monsoon is it causes nobody likes it.
check the bearing that is inside the rear upright that you axle goes through and make sure it is good and the rear upright is bolted tight to the arms. Also did you wheel nut fall off or come loose before that while running because the inside of your wheel that goes onto the axle hub hex part may be stripped our gouged up and letting it be loose.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:07 AM
Swamp3r

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Swamp3r

check the bearing that is inside the rear upright that you axle goes through and make sure it is good and the rear upright is bolted tight to the arms. Also did you wheel nut fall off or come loose before that while running because the inside of your wheel that goes onto the axle hub hex part may be stripped our gouged up and letting it be loose.
You were right thats what it is. This thing has hardly any fuel though it and I cooked a bearing already........I broke something WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I mean ah man