Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

PRODUCT ALERT - STOP USING IMMEDIATELY

Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

PRODUCT ALERT - STOP USING IMMEDIATELY

Old 04-27-2008, 11:03 PM
impune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PRODUCT ALERT - STOP USING IMMEDIATELY

[&o] are any of the problems associated with the steering backwards? right is left and left is right. really made the driving part ineresting, but i'll kill my avalanche if i continue. how do you change or reverse this?
the acme digital instructions are hard to follow..... but i am willing to learn all.

if it is not broke, i'd rather adjust and use it.

unles otherwise told why not too.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:20 AM
Lawdawg203

You need to press the select button until you get to REV-ST and then change it to off. But according to this thread you shouldn't use it at all and contact Redcat for a replacement. They were very helpful to me about it.....
Old 04-28-2008, 12:23 AM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should not be using the radio. Please click the link below to handle the return.

http://www.redcatracing.com/fmreturn.asp

Darin
Old 04-28-2008, 08:15 AM
impune

awesome. the problem was the digital was on normal and not reverse was the problem. reverse it and works perfect.

i read the return, whats the turn around on this? i really want to play with this. can i take the other one from the hurricane or the teaxxas to use with the avalanche while i wait for the exchange..

man too bad i really liked the fm look even though the digitl looked confusing, it was digital and cool.

can i upgrade to a digital am? if that is what you are replacing with?

darin, you rock and appreciate all the help.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:15 PM
RedcatRacing

ORIGINAL: impune

awesome. the problem was the digital was on normal and not reverse was the problem. reverse it and works perfect.

i read the return, whats the turn around on this? i really want to play with this. can i take the other one from the hurricane or the teaxxas to use with the avalanche while i wait for the exchange..

man too bad i really liked the fm look even though the digitl looked confusing, it was digital and cool.

can i upgrade to a digital am? if that is what you are replacing with?

darin, you rock and appreciate all the help.

We are turning around the returns within 24 hours.

You can surely use another controller that you have laying around. If its FM, you only need to swap out the crystals and you are good to go. If its AM you will need to swap the receiver as well.

Darin
Old 04-28-2008, 06:28 PM
impune

thank you. i guess i'll take the am out of the hurricane i got and run the avalanche untill i get the new one back so i can play with both again.

thanks again.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:51 PM
doogs871

Darin,

Will you post the reutrns to Australia as well?, I have 2 Hurricane XPpro's with the FM Transmitters, one turns itself off intermittenetly, and the other reverses the steering ( or goes to default setting when you turn it on.)

Please reply, as I have already done a bit of damage due to these transmitters, so to get it fixed and the cars running again would be great !
Old 05-17-2008, 08:40 PM
PoisonJello

well its good to here about the recall...so far i have only ran the first tank through for the break-in..was going to start the second tank then the truck went crazy when i turned on the radio, moving the controls on the radio did nothing
i don't know if [link]http://www.rctoysnh.com/catalog/[/link] is an actual redcat dealer but i bought my avalanche XP with the fm radio from them (they sent me the wrong body with the truck, then told me they would send me the right one, over 4 months ago but won't return my emails, so i guess i will never get the body i ordered....the truck cost me $50 shipping UPS then when it got here another $90 for brokerage fees)

the digital fm is a 3 channel radio, its nice the redcat will replace the bad radio but the AM radio is a 2 channel and not digital (unless it is a differeant radio then the one on your site), that doesn't really sound fair but i guess redcat don't really have any other radio to replace it with, sure the $20 credit might be nice but I live in Canada so it might cost $20 for me to ship the radio back to get replaced (i have nothing against redcat, i think there R/C's are just as good if not better then some of those big name companies and much cheaper to buy, just wish there was local dealers near by)
Old 05-18-2008, 10:25 AM
RCToysNh

Yes we are a Redcat Dealer.
If you are the customer we think you are, then....
Yes we tried to ship your body 2 times. All 2 times it was returned because you failed to respond to the notices from the carrier.
We have responded to your emails several times.
Yes all tariffs and duty fees are the customers responsibility.
We can reship again but this will be the last time. If it comes back again we give up.

Thank You
RCToysNH
Old 05-18-2008, 01:58 PM
PoisonJello

ORIGINAL: RCToysNh

Yes we are a Redcat Dealer.
If you are the customer we think you are, then....
Yes we tried to ship your body 2 times. All 2 times it was returned because you failed to respond to the notices from the carrier.
We have responded to your emails several times.
Yes all tariffs and duty fees are the customers responsibility.
We can reship again but this will be the last time. If it comes back again we give up.

Thank You
RCToysNH
i know for sure you never shipped it here, cause i am home every day and if i'm not here my wife is, not to mention you told me it was being sent USPS so there wouldn't be any notifications, the mail carrier would just leave it at my door..even UPS just drops stuff at my door sometimes if i don't make it to the door on time, unless it needs a signature
as for email, I sent one a couple weeks ago and you reply with you have no idea who i am, so i sent you all the info again and then i get no reply, not sure where this mix up is but i still have all the original emails from you and the first time you told me it was shipped, it wasn't because your email 1 month later even said there was a mix up and it will get shipped right away

anyways i guess i shouldn't be posting this here but maybe something will get straightened out

even with the extra fees the truck was still a good price, just wasn't expecting the extra fees, companies should warn people that there could be large duty fees (I have many things shipped to me from the USA that is the first time i was ever charged brokerage fees, so it was unexpected)
Old 05-18-2008, 03:23 PM
RCToysNh

It is posted on our site under shipping in the information box.
'International Customers are responsible for all duty and tariff fees'

Yes- the mix up was you not responding to the carriers notice at the depot and the item was returned to us.
Anyhow we reshipped again - Last Time.

Thank You
Old 05-18-2008, 03:53 PM
PoisonJello

just curious but for me to know anything about the carriers notice at the depot, they would actually have to contact me in some way, I don't think they had my phone number, they didn't send me a letter, and they didn't knock on my door or leave a notice on my door so its not really my fault or yours..just a problem with the customs or mail as usual

and thank you for finally getting things straightened out
Old 06-04-2008, 09:31 PM
impune

hey i finally sent mine back. was working good, but then the otehr day it just took off down the road.... ran out of gas and stalled out in a yard... thank god..

so i sent it back usps insured and with delivery confirmation... man ten bucks..
Old 06-04-2008, 09:53 PM
Swamp3r

Ya I sent mine back last sunday. I never had any issues with it but sent it in anyway.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:04 PM
impune

got mine back, anyone else? very small reciever is that good? i think it looks alot better than i expected thanks darin
Old 06-18-2008, 09:38 PM
PoisonJello

well got mine sent out today by UPS cost $26 and that is not insured so i hope there isn't any problems, to have insurance it would have cost over $30 to ship (UPS prices are crazy, it was a small box and weighs almost nothing)
I hope there is no problems with customs getting the new one back
Old 06-25-2008, 08:21 AM
Syclone354

Hi Darin, If we have two units that need to be replaced can we ship them back in one box? We have two Avalanches that both have the fm digital system. If I send them back together can i request that I get two different frequencies returned?

It sucks to lose that system, it really looks cool The digital part is neat but kinda a pain compaired to the regular old trim settings.
Old 06-26-2008, 03:58 PM
Swamp3r

Got my replacement radio today I like it better than the old fm one Thanks Darin.
Old 06-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm seriously impressed Darin, good job all round, I didn't even notice this when it came up in March. That's customer service, and adding value to your products.
Old 06-26-2008, 09:48 PM
Syclone354

ORIGINAL: Swamp3r

Got my replacement radio today I like it better than the old fm one Thanks Darin.
Is it the same AM system that comes in the 1/10th trucks. I took the radio from my Tsunami and put it in my avalanche so i could run it (into the ground since i managed to shear both rear wheels off of the hubs - wheels are pretty but not strong :-( ... )
Old 06-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Syclone354

Well i was going to get mine shipped today but the link on the site is not working! !
Old 06-30-2008, 01:29 PM
RedcatRacing

The link will be working in about 30 minutes.

Thanks

darin
Old 06-30-2008, 02:47 PM
RedcatRacing

Sorry, we are still working on a few things and then the form link will work. ETA is about 2 hours from now.

Darin
Old 07-08-2008, 01:46 AM
PoisonJello

ORIGINAL: PoisonJello

well got mine sent out today by UPS cost $26 and that is not insured so i hope there isn't any problems, to have insurance it would have cost over $30 to ship (UPS prices are crazy, it was a small box and weighs almost nothing)
I hope there is no problems with customs getting the new one back
well I called UPS my new radio will be here on thursday but its going to cost me $20 and some odd cents for taxes and brokerage fees (i guess that is because of the $20 free product, I guess nothing is ever free) Fuel filter aluminum blue and Purple aluminum glow plug igniter (was suppost to be the blue igniter but oh well) so return for new radio and $20 free parts costing me $47..that really sucks

after this i definately won't be ordering anything from USA if they only use UPS ground, i was told by UPS there is always a brokerage fee if shipped by UPS ground from USA to Canada, funny how USPS never charges extra fees and usually cost less for shipping

Thankfully i can order parts from [link]http://www.vancouverhobbies.com/index.htm[/link] because the shipping from USA cost more then the part is worth then brokerage fees cost more then the shipping so a $20 part would cost about $55+ by the time it gets to my place, its a good thing i like my avalanche
Old 07-08-2008, 07:35 AM
stagga

^sounds like when i order my parts to bermuda. spend $70 on parts and another $50 on shipping and duty. painful!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.