Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Fuel tank issue...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:44 PM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fuel tank issue...

hey

i have a problam...
when i am ever trying to prime my car useing the Plug and Pull method (lol just thought of it P and P lol) i try and prime it and it turnes over and i can feel air comeing out of the pipe and the fuel is not moveing... it worked perficatly fine befor but not it does not want to work... and i do have a fuel filter and i checked it and it is clean and no dabree in it... so i have no idea what is going on... i got mad at the car when i was trying to get it primed, i literaly thought of Chucking it agenst the wall!

so i hope you can help me...

thanks

-cam-
Old 04-03-2008, 12:47 AM
blackdogafd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fuel tank issue...

ORIGINAL: retard1322

hey

i have a problam...
when i am ever trying to prime my car useing the Plug and Pull method (lol just thought of it P and P lol) i try and prime it and it turnes over and i can feel air comeing out of the pipe and the fuel is not moveing... it worked perficatly fine befor but not it does not want to work... and i do have a fuel filter and i checked it and it is clean and no dabree in it... so i have no idea what is going on... i got mad at the car when i was trying to get it primed, i literaly thought of Chucking it agenst the wall!

so i hope you can help me...

thanks

-cam-
you might have a cracked fuel tank causing air to get into the tank while your priming it..what kind of vehicle do you have?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:57 AM
Swamp3r

Think he's running a tornado.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:07 AM
blackdogafd

ok, well double check the fuel tank for an air leak.. you may wanna pull the tank out and water check it by blowing into it while its under the water..just take the tank submerse it in water, plug up the feed tube and blow through the backpressure tube which hooks to the exhaust and see if you have any air bubbles coming from the tank..if you get alittle from the fuel cap then replace the 0-ring on it..and while blowing air through see if the tank bubble from any part of the tank..

andy
Old 04-03-2008, 10:41 AM
Cam_132

ok i will try it and ya i am runing a tornado and this is my new tank i am runing and my old one was cracked too... i will try that... thanks

and if it is that i am breaking out ither the epoxy or Seal-all! Becouse this tank i am runing is my new tank... but then i blow on the vent toob the fuel does not move then lertches and flows agan! Weard...
Old 04-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Lordmik

Might be some leftover stuff from making the tank in one of the nipples.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Cam_132

ORIGINAL: Lordmik

Might be some leftover stuff from making the tank in one of the nipples.
lol nippels! Jk.
ya i will try and blow some air from a compressor in the fuel toob from carb to tank and give it some air and see if it makes stuff blow out...
Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 AM
Lordmik

You'd be surprised how much crap gets left behind during manufacturing. Not just on these rc car parts, but on anything.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Cam_132

ORIGINAL: Lordmik

You'd be surprised how much crap gets left behind during manufacturing. Not just on these rc car parts, but on anything.
ya like befor it worked perfactaly fine but now it does not work at all!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:08 PM
wasson76

funny i had the same problem with my tsunami.I found out the nipple comin from the tank was not machined out correctly preventing fuel to flow
Old 04-03-2008, 03:27 PM
ehroof

yes, check the opening behind the fuel feed nipple, take it out and blow thru the pressure line. see if it flows freely
Old 04-03-2008, 04:01 PM
Cam_132

ok i tryed all of that and it flows freely like there is no resentance but assoon as i put to tube on the carb it stops and does the same thing... and i alredy pulled off the carb and cleaned it all to make sure there was no gunk and it is all clean and no dabree... so i have no idea of what is going on...
Old 04-03-2008, 04:13 PM
ehroof

did you pull the needle's out and make sure it was clean too?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:11 PM
Cam_132

yup pulled the whole carb apart and whashed and wd-40ed it and made sure it was all good! and still the same problam!
Old 04-03-2008, 05:48 PM
ehroof

go with a new carb, my buddy rc danny had a problem with his, put a carb that i had laying around from an os .12 cz and it worked flawlessly. get a new vx carb
Old 04-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Cam_132

eeh i need a whole new engine so i might as well get a whole new engine! i took the manifold off and spun the crank to TDC and there was a leeking noise and i could see bubles out from around the sleeve... so i think the sleeve or piston is shot so i need a whole new engine... and i was thinking of geting a engine on Craigslist... i dont know if you guys know it... but it is like ebay with out the bidding and no shiping you go and pick it up and you can get some steller deals on it!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:34 PM
5lagd

eeh i need a whole new engine so i might as well get a whole new engine! i took the manifold off and spun the crank to TDC and there was a leeking noise and i could see bubles out from around the sleeve... so i think the sleeve or piston is shot so i need a whole new engine... and i was thinking of geting a engine on Craigslist... i dont know if you guys know it... but it is like ebay with out the bidding and no shiping you go and pick it up and you can get some steller deals on it!

redcat engine replacement program...............
Old 04-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Cam_132

ORIGINAL: ldgasp

redcat engine replacement program...............
lol i actually dont have a redcat i have an exceed extreem... Please dont kill me! JK but i think of it as a tornado bb/xp lol the xp becouse it does not have the ball joint suspention it has the regulaur and the bb becouse i has the standered vx-18 and 2 speed
so that is out of the question! so i will just get a os or a Hpi G3.0...
Old 04-04-2008, 02:15 PM
Redcat Nick

You have this option too. and you can use the stuff from your old engine. if it matches up. if you have the 1 1/4in pullstart then you are golden