Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Clutchbell @ idle

Is the clutchbell suppose to spin when the engine is just idling (wheels are not moving)?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Clutchbell @ idle

No, and if it is, something else is wrong. When the clutch bell turns, the transmission, drive shafts, differentials and at least 2 wheels should turn (if it is 4WD). If the clutch is turning, and the wheels are not, then it seems that something is broken, loose or disengaged.
    September 11, 2001
    Never Forget

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes the clutchbell can spin alittle. It depends on what clutch spring you have . For example, I run the 1.1 with metal shoes on my cen buggy, and the clutchbell will spin but the shoes wont grab until the rpm's are higher. Make sense or did I confuse ya.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would trust Clermont more than me, so I may be wrong. I do not understand how the clutch bell can spin without the wheels turning, though. If the bell is engaged with the spur gear, it seems it would have to turn also. And unless the slipper is set very loose, it seems like the whole drive train would have to be turning including at least one (2WD) or 2 (4WD) wheels. What am I missing? Are some vehicles different?
    September 11, 2001
    Never Forget

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Clermont Hobby

Yes the clutchbell can spin alittle. It depends on what clutch spring you have . For example, I run the 1.1 with metal shoes on my cen buggy, and the clutchbell will spin but the shoes wont grab until the rpm's are higher. Make sense or did I confuse ya.
    That's exactly what mine is doing. Just didn't know if this was a problem. BTW, I am using the spring from the TMaxx 2.5

Your clutch bell shouldn't spin on the redcats unless the wheels are turning. If you have the VOlcano with the stock transmission then you need to see if the spur gear is turning with the clutch bell, if it is then you rslipper setup is either loose or trashed. If it's not then you spur gear is either trashed or the motor screws have come loose and the motor has shifted out of place.

Slipper Nut:
    http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=8034

Spur Gear
    http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/34
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, I'll check for these things.