Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

pullstarts

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 09:53 PM
powder coat guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pullstarts

anyone know of any other pullstart that fits the avalanche sh28? the stock ones keep breaking and at 30 bucks a piece its getting expensive.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:56 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: pullstarts

What are you doign to break them? I've had the same pull start for a long time.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:59 PM
AffordableRC

You should buy some pullstart string at your local hardware store and re-string them yourself. It's really not that hard, takes 10-15 min. I bought a a whole roll of string for $9, enough to re-string it 50+ times.

-Derek
Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 PM
powder coat guy

the first two broke while starting the string seem weak I have had my savage a long time with the same pullstart I just got another one monday only started it maybe 10 time with this one today while running I ran out of fuel refueled went to start and the whole cord and handle was missing.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:28 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

wow, that sucks.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:51 AM
rclynx

Don't take it wrong but the Pull start on the SH engines are some of the strongest on the market.............Proper instructions on pull starting a nitro engine would probably stop the problem................That being said there is only one starting system I know of just made for the SH engines and thats a [link=http://xtm-dealer.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13&products_id=180]SURE START[/link] good luck

That would be the way to stop the problem with out learning anything...........LOL
Old 04-18-2008, 07:51 PM
powder coat guy

rclynx I found and ordered a tiger drive yesterday they look pretty good but do you have a link to the instructions you speak of? I am fairly new to nitro but I have never pulled any of them to the end of the string obviously that would be bad.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:27 AM
rclynx

Well I'm not so new to RC but I am new to making a web site.......lol.......soon I will have a lot of instructions up but right now I'm limited to showing my customers in person [&o]
Old 04-20-2008, 08:57 AM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

Is it pretty much always the string that breaks? I am still on my original, but the string is starting to look pretty bad. I will try the local hobby and hardware stores for string. Do the springs break?
Old 04-20-2008, 09:16 AM
powder coat guy

usually the string but one time it was the spring
Old 04-20-2008, 09:46 AM
a4d2a0m

My pullstart broke(wouldn't recoil) on my volcano after a couple of months because she got flooded and i wasn't paying attention. I wanted to run again right away so i took it off. The end of the spring jumped out of the groove that keeps tension. So after some cursing and persistence I recoiled the spring, wound up the string and haven't had a problem yet. I am sure if I ever need to replace it, for the same price(or cheaper) you can get a roto start backplate and put a dogbone in your cordless drill.