Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

SERVO SAVER QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
todd0276

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SERVO SAVER QUESTION

Well I just got my parts in today. I upgraded my header and replaced the broken rear shaft mount. I relplace some worn out pin mounts and put my new body on. Yes sir the Volcano SV PRO looked mighty sharp, and she ran like a bat out of hell. However, I am learning that there is always something that can ruin your fun, today it was the servo saver. A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the truck had stopped turnning left. I tightened the servo saver and it seemed to be o.k. , but today I noticed it was having a hard time turning left and right. A little more trouble turning left than right, and the servo seemed to shake instead of pushing the linkage. I don't know if I tightened it too much or if I've just stripped the saver beyond repair. If I do have to replace it are there any suggestions on how tight to run the next one? Any input would be appreciated.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:06 PM
rclynx

Default RE: SERVO SAVER QUESTION

Look closely at the servo saver and where the two pieces come together << if the plastic sticks out at all just go ahead and replace it (servo saver) get a couple of them there cheap [&o]
Old 04-21-2008, 10:04 PM
todd0276

yeah, the plastic is sticking out. Good advice to get extras, that's probably a good idea for most of the parts I buy. Maybe I'll just open up a Redcat hobby shop!
Old 04-22-2008, 01:32 AM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: todd0276

and the servo seemed to shake instead of pushing the linkage.
You might check your Servo, as well....Sounds like you MAY have stripped some of the gear teeth inside the servo.