Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Determine Engine Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:24 AM
jpilkinton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Determine Engine Sizes

OK, as you all know I am new to the nitro world. The only nitro engine I ever owned before now is the precious cox .049
My truck has the SH .07 CPX engine in it. I found a .12 engine.
My question is:
Is the .12 engine ALMOST twice as powerful as the .07 engine?

Like I said, I am new to this. I do know the bigger the number, the bigger the engine right?
So if it was a .14, then it would be exactly twice as powerful?

JP

Old 04-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Determine Engine Sizes

yes it will make a lot more power... but the thing is that if you put that size of engine in your rc you will rip something elts out... the tremors are not make to take that kind of power... you can try other brands to find a new enigne but the Sh .07's are good engines...

well all sh enignes are good
Old 04-30-2008, 04:09 AM
rc rock

ORIGINAL: jpilkinton

OK, as you all know I am new to the nitro world. The only nitro engine I ever owned before now is the precious cox .049
My question is:

Like I said, I am new to this. I do know the bigger the number, the bigger the engine right?

JP

no, bigger displacement does not neccesarilly mean more power, for example a good .18, the os cvr has a claimed horsepower of 1.45 while the smaller .12 tz has 1.6 horsepower (it also revs higher)

what retard said is correct, the sh .o7 is a decent mini engine there are better ones like the picco .08.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:37 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: retard1322

yes it will make a lot more power... but the thing is that if you put that size of engine in your rc you will rip something elts out... the tremors are not make to take that kind of power... you can try other brands to find a new enigne but the Sh .07's are good engines...

well all sh enignes are good
Oh I agree that the SH.07's are very good engines. Mine seems to have more power than I am capable of handling at the present time. But as time goes on, I'm sure I would want more power.
The reason is I just bought (2) new SH.12's real cheap and wanted to use one in the near future if I required more power and speed. But I would need to work on the exhaust system since the .12's that I bought are rear exhaust instead of side exhaust.
I'm pretty sure I would have to replace some plastic parts for metal parts for it to wistand the additional power.

Thanks guys!
Old 04-30-2008, 10:47 AM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: rc rock

ORIGINAL: jpilkinton

My question is:

JP

no, bigger displacement does not neccesarilly mean more power, for example a good .18, the os cvr has a claimed horsepower of 1.45 while the smaller .12 tz has 1.6 horsepower (it also revs higher)

what retard said is correct, the sh .o7 is a decent mini engine there are better ones like the picco .08.
OK, I'm starting to understand things now. Kinda sounds like the full-size automotive stuff.
Thanks again!