Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why does it............

Why does my clutch bell keep sliding up off of the clutches, the bolt that hold it on is tight and as soon as I put it all back together and run it a couple of minutes it slids up and makes the mesh only about half the gear.[:@]
    Go BIG or go home! 110%

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Why does it............

Nobody else has this problem with their Monsoon?
    Go BIG or go home! 110%

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

check and see if there is a washer on the outside. For some reason some come without and even if the screw is tight, the clutchbell will slide right over the screw because there is no washer holding it on.
    Cen truggy, Bigfoot 1/5th, Cen buggy, Mg16, Redcat Earthquake, Redcat Drifter

ORIGINAL: schlags62

Why does my clutch bell keep sliding up off of the clutches, the bolt that hold it on is tight and as soon as I put it all back together and run it a couple of minutes it slids up and makes the mesh only about half the gear.[:@]

If there is no washer at the end of the clitch bell you can get one at the hardware store for a couple cents, BUT make sure there is a small portion of the inside shaft sticking out, just a tiny bit, so that when you put the washer on and lock down the bolt, using lock tight, it doesn't seat against the end of the clutch bell. Other wise you will lock down the clutch bell too.
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc