Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Why does it............

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 05:19 PM
schlags62

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does it............

Why does my clutch bell keep sliding up off of the clutches, the bolt that hold it on is tight and as soon as I put it all back together and run it a couple of minutes it slids up and makes the mesh only about half the gear.[:@]
Old 05-02-2008, 07:58 AM
schlags62

Default RE: Why does it............

Nobody else has this problem with their Monsoon?
Old 05-02-2008, 08:00 AM
Chubbysdad
My Feedback: (1)

check and see if there is a washer on the outside. For some reason some come without and even if the screw is tight, the clutchbell will slide right over the screw because there is no washer holding it on.
Old 05-02-2008, 10:04 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: schlags62

Why does my clutch bell keep sliding up off of the clutches, the bolt that hold it on is tight and as soon as I put it all back together and run it a couple of minutes it slids up and makes the mesh only about half the gear.[:@]

If there is no washer at the end of the clitch bell you can get one at the hardware store for a couple cents, BUT make sure there is a small portion of the inside shaft sticking out, just a tiny bit, so that when you put the washer on and lock down the bolt, using lock tight, it doesn't seat against the end of the clutch bell. Other wise you will lock down the clutch bell too.