Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Stuck in 2nd gear??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Lawdawg203

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck in 2nd gear??

OK, so I took my Tsunami Ultra wide out for a burn after all my repairs after an accident that broke some parts. The crash I had only broke a rim, dogbone ect.

I put some 2.8 rims on it with some stock Volcano tires (Man it looks sweet with them on there). I was running the car in some loose dirt and it wouldn't even break the tires loose but once it got rolling it ran real well. I tuned on the engine and it was running great but seemed very under powered.

Do you think that the change of wheel size made the difference or is my car stuck in second gear?

If its stuck in second, could anyone tell me how to fix that?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 05-03-2008, 06:55 PM
rclynx

Default RE: Stuck in 2nd gear??

You need to go to a 13 tooth single speed to push those tires [&o]
Old 05-03-2008, 06:57 PM
nubzorz

its a posibility if the new tires are bigger it will slow it down the bigger the tires the more power you need but i dont think it would make a huge difference did you clean the car well after running it? make sure all the teeth are clean on all your gears i heard that could make it not shift or stay in second
Old 05-03-2008, 07:01 PM
Lawdawg203

Can you throw up a link for the single speed for me, I dont know which one I need.

I would think tho that in such loose dirt it would still spin the tires? Maybe not, I'm an RC nOOB.......

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 05-04-2008, 05:53 AM
rclynx

[link=http://www.redcatracing.com/itemdetail_part.asp?partno=08023]Single Speed Redcat[/link] is the one that will work I think