Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

SH Settings (Volcano)

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 02:05 PM
reeldeals1st

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SH Settings (Volcano)

I live in Florida and its been in the 80s. I just finished the break in and would like some help with the adjustments on the carb. What should I do now to get the best performance without damaging the engine? Thanks

By the way it is at the recommended setting for beak in now. It seems sluggish to get going and I would not use fast to describe the top end. Certainly there is something to get it going better. This thing is nothing like what is shown in any of the videos Ive watched and far from any claimed 60mph. I dont need to go 60, but it has to get better than this.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:19 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SH Settings (Volcano)

a good tuning start is 2 1/2 out on the high needle and 4 out on the low needle, tuning really depends on where you are, your temp, humidity, altitude, what may be good for me in NY may not be good for someone in texas. I would say start from here and see how it goes, just keep your eyes on the temps.