Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

I just upgraded to my TSUNAMI EPX to BRUSHLESS.

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

I just upgraded to my TSUNAMI EPX to BRUSHLESS.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 06:19 PM
iamfoesho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just upgraded to my TSUNAMI EPX to BRUSHLESS.

I just swapped the Stock 540 Motor/ESC to a VELINEON VXL MOTOR and VXL-3s ESC. I noticed alot more torque and it's a bit faster while running a Venom 3000mah 7.2 NIHM Battery. I am still awaiting on my order from boomboombatteries for my Ener-G 4600 battery but it's taking forever. My only question right now is, I noticed that the stock pinion is 18 tooth, now how many tooth is the spur gear? And are there any other pinion/spur gear combos that will work on the redcat product line? Thanks.
Old 05-17-2008, 09:07 PM
pede_187

Default RE: I just upgraded to my TSUNAMI EPX to BRUSHLESS.

The stock pinion is 17 teeth not 18 teeth (I've counted several times). The stock spur is 64 teeth and the only other spur I could think of would be the 58 tooth spur that's used on the lightning and I'm not 100% sure that would fit. The pitch on the spur/pinion gears is 0.7 module.

Because you're going brushless, you will want to replace the stock bushings with bearings. You will need 10x15x4 size bearings (4 of them are needed) and 5x10x4 size bearings (another 4 of these). You are also going to want a stronger center drive shaft. I believe Clermont sells/makes them.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:50 AM
firstrc
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: I just upgraded to my TSUNAMI EPX to BRUSHLESS.

you will love the batts when you get them.

Def get the bearings!

You might not need the stronger drive shaft... my stock one is still like new and i drive hard. i have seen pics of Pede_kids and his is really screwed up though... so It is hard to say. Maybe some were built better than others???
I have the only custom drive shaft in existence that I know of... I purchased it from clermont and he does not have any more and is not planning on making any due to personal things going on right now and he does not have time.