Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

tornado BB trans

I got the tornado BB 3 weeks old i can run this two blocks and it won't shift into second gear tried to adjustment but the little screw only goes flush to the inside don't go anymore.

RE: tornado BB trans

If your screwing it in tight your making it so it won't shift, back the screw out alittle at a time till it starts to shift. If it still doesn't shift then you probablly need a new one of these http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/2_42_44/products_id/64
    Dealer for..Redcat, Traxxas, Associated, Cen, Racers Edge, RD Logic, Losi, HPI, E-flight, Himoto, Venom, Heli-Max, O.S...etc

i shouldn't the car is only 3 weeks old

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think I am having a similar problem with my Tornado BB which is not even a week old. It will shift in to second gear but as soon as it does it just begins to coast even if I'm still on the throttle, then it usually stalls. It's also developed a slight jingling sound and is jittery when accelerating or coming to a stop like something might be loose?? I don't know the car well enough yet to diagnose the source.

I had a car do that to me my old one and the clutch bell was loose also check the clutch spring

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Surferbud2

I think I am having a similar problem with my Tornado BB which is not even a week old. It will shift in to second gear but as soon as it does it just begins to coast even if I'm still on the throttle, then it usually stalls. It's also developed a slight jingling sound and is jittery when accelerating or coming to a stop like something might be loose?? I don't know the car well enough yet to diagnose the source.
    mines did the exact same. once it changed to 2nd gear it would coast and/or bog down a bit and shift back into first. i just kept on tuning the car and then adjusted the grub screw to make it shift sooner. I think making it shift sooner gives the 2nd gear a better chance to pick up speed quicker. Well it did for me anyway, maybe next time i'll adjust it to shift later and see what happens. As for the slight jingling sound..i dont kno a solution to that. pull out the loc tight and look for loose screws lol

mine was about 3 weeks old and it broke to so it can happen after 3 weeks easily i was pretty pissed but i just left it the way it is 1 speed is better for offroad anyway befor you run your tornado bb its good to put a new clutch spring and clutchbell cause the stock one is what made my car stop shifting it messed up my gears
    Maxx 2.5, Revo 3.3, Savage XL,Ofna lx1,Tornado BB,Pede xl-5,exceed infinity,redcat lightning, redcat Vortex SS,CEN FF/NX

they should warrenty on that you know thats kind of messed up but i like the tornado BB same car as the acme pro and a few others

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ok there is 2 screws on the clutch. a big one and a small one. or deep and close... the big one should be close and the small one should be far... Tighten the big one up all of the way, then un-screw it 1 trun then 1/4 turns at a time till it shifts and then unscrew to shift sooner and screw in to shift later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu60362.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	68.7 KB 
ID:	963661  
    Who ever said \"It never Changes it just gets better\" Is a lire!

ok going to do that i checked the tab that pops out to shift it into second it was stuck so put a little 3-1 oil on it left it sit and now it move with a little tension so after the rain i'll try it out something was causeing it to stick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how do you know if your stuck in second

I think it is stuck in first it just winds i turn the adjustment screw and it don't do nothing need new trans

it just winds need new trans adjusting don't do nothing

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys, My nephew got a Tornado BB for Christmas and we notice no audible shifting at all. We've tried the adjustment screw and it makes no difference. I believe its stuck in second gear because it goes pretty fast just not off the line. It sounds like to me like RedCat released a bad transmission into there fleet since were all experiencing the same issue. If some one figures out what RedCat missed, post it hear so we can all benefit. I don't know anything about these 2 speed transmissions but I guess I'll be taking one apart real soon....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i just bought the redcat racing tornado bb. i have not drivin it yet because i just bought it used. and everythng is charging. so far the only things i know that are screwed up are the brakes, transmission, and steering servo. i bought all of them brand new and put them in the car stock and its screwed up.i can see people have problems witht tha 2 speed I BET I WILL TOO

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the 2 spd is a pain in the butt in my opinion....I got a 2 spd on my onroad and lost the grub screw spring and ball on the pavement...now I'm stuck in 2nd...which makes me no difference...I live in the middle of the block and can leave my driveway as a car passes and can beat them to the end of the block...that is unless they are speeding..lol
    keep the shiney side up, the hammer down and the marshalls bored.....himoto rxb-1...himotoracingusa

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can u guys fit a single speed tranny a tornado bb or would it be best to stick with 2 speed

Ya there is a single speed, i prefer the single speed. Part number 05126
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that would go with the 16tt clutch bell correct

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so i have the tsunami that now bogs down and never shift nor gets up to speed, trying to retune it....
    the tornado bb was shifting and running fine, then started to shift funny with tones, engine sounds good and then heard the jingling the other guy did. looked saw nothing and then ran few more times shifted later and then never shifted again after 7 more passes... then florida rain stopped the fun...

soo looks like i only have one screw deep? ill have too look with flash light, but jingle may have been the screw for shifting, it sounds fast and is fast still, but not peeling out off the line and never shifts...

so if that grub screw fell out, was there anything else in there with it?

thanks.
    just taking another day. these r/c\'\'\'\'s are to destress me...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

so to make sure, unscrew to shift faster and screw in to shift later? screw that is deeper make sure is tight, right?
    just taking another day. these r/c\'\'\'\'s are to destress me...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there is a spring and a grub screw. if the screw fell out you have to buy a new 2 speed clutch. make sure the screw that is in the farthest is tight. impune you are right about the shifting times