Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

the new lanslide 1/8 scale

Old 06-16-2008, 01:42 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: the new lanslide 1/8 scale

ORIGINAL: Sandmanvnvmc

Darin,
Are you saying that unlike the 1/10th scale 2 speed vehicles this 1/8th 2 speed has a clutch bell with one set of gears unlike the 1/10th scale 2 speeds?
Folks do not get alarmed the box is the old box but inside is nothing like the Earthquake, it is totally different than the Avalanche also. Heavier than a 1/0th scale Volcano but lighter than a 1/8th scale Avalanche. The lighter weight comes at a price, less aluminum parts for strength and of course the SH .18 instead fo the SH .28 motor, plastic pipe instead of tuned aluminum pipe. If you are looking for a fun truck to get into the hobby with this may be it, if you are looking for a truck that will hold up to hard everyday bashing spend just a little more (the value is there) and get the Avalanche.

Sandman
VNV Hobby
St. Louis
Sandman, you should pop open the sealed transmission and check it out. it is a 2 speed transmission as it should be on a truck. It does not use the a 2 speed clutchbell as the sealed tranny does the job.

Darin

Old 07-09-2008, 11:42 PM
Sandmanvnvmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Darin,
Never had a chance to open one up as the few I got went out the door as quick as they came in. No complaints yet so all must be good, only problem was the box and name mistake but I let customers know up front about that. For someone on a budget that wants a 1/8th scale the Landslide will work, though in my opinion if you can afford the extra $100 the avalanche is a much faster, powerful and sturdy truck. Each vehicle has it's own niche and many will go this route in order to save money. I'm just so so happy with the SH.28 motor that comes in the Avalanche, I have sold some that are being raced in Mugen truggies, one even took top qualifier at round 2 of the midwest RC pro series races, way to go Jordan Wilson!!! Wiped out the others with their high dollar engines with his SH.28 from VNV Hobby.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:15 AM
jay53143
My Feedback: (3)

not for the basher (junk)
Old 07-17-2008, 01:40 PM
chevyderek72

get out of here dude, if you dont like it then leave.