Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

thanks redcat, rufaster

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 03:06 PM
warpaint
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thanks redcat, rufaster

Big thanks to darrin and mike at redcat racing, also mike at rufaster.com. Long story short, I had a problem with a car, and all parties involved went completely beyond the call of duty to help me. I am a loyal redcat customer and will remain so. Thanks so much. Brad Knight
Old 06-17-2008, 04:48 PM
need2drag

Default RE: thanks redcat, rufaster

must be nice
Old 06-18-2008, 07:42 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

What do you mean Need to drag?
Old 06-18-2008, 07:53 PM
need2drag

It means in all the issues I have had, the only help I have ever gotten was the number to a part. There has been 2 times I actually received some help other than some part numbers. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate the help I did get, but it seems that now the help is just not the same. I have had so many issues with both my cars. Anything from a screw falling out to a blown motor. I have spent way more money than I ever intended. When I got into this hobby I understood that I would have down time, but lord, I never expected it to be this bad. After I bought my second car I kept almost $200 for parts and repairs for both cars, and I exhausted that in less than 2 months. Not to mention I had to borrow money from my dad to do the last repairs. Only once was that something I brought upon myself due to bad driving. Other than that, all I can explain is mechanical/assembly error. Now both my cars are broken, and I have no money to spend to fix them. With a little hard work, and the help of god, I have slowly been able to piece my Tornado back together. Minus the muffler. On the other hand, I have spent a large amount of money on my Monsoon that I haven't even had very long, and I am back to looking at it on the shelf wondering when/if I am gonna get to run it. It has been down for almost a month now, with a shot motor. Sorry for the novel, but the money and time I have spent on working on this could have been better used elsewhere. Heck I still haven't been able to send my FM radio in for trade since I have no money to ship it. That is how bad it has gotten for me.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:19 AM
a4d2a0m

Need2drag,

Man, seems like most of your problems were caused by user-error, it happens to all of us. But don't react negatively to another person's appreciation, you don't know his situation. Answers for almost every question have already been posted on this site....you just need to search and read through it, (you usually learn about something else in your quest anyways. .)

I have always said preventative maitenance is the key to the longevity of anything that moves. You can usually diagnose something long before it becomes a problem by inspecting your entire car (screws/parts/movement) everytime you use it, before and after. If you drive a real car without inspecting it or doing any maitenance, it is going to cost you too.

Adam.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:53 PM
need2drag

ORIGINAL: a4d2a0m

Need2drag,

Man, seems like most of your problems were caused by user-error, it happens to all of us. But don't react negatively to another person's appreciation, you don't know his situation. Answers for almost every question have already been posted on this site....you just need to search and read through it, (you usually learn about something else in your quest anyways. .)

I have always said preventative maitenance is the key to the longevity of anything that moves. You can usually diagnose something long before it becomes a problem by inspecting your entire car (screws/parts/movement) everytime you use it, before and after. If you drive a real car without inspecting it or doing any maitenance, it is going to cost you too.

Adam.
Some of the problems were from user error, and I am not saying that is the issue. I am talking about problems such as the screw that holds the clutch assembly on, totally breaking on my Monsoon. I didn't even have the car long, and the screw broke in the shaft destroying everything. I had to replace the shaft, flywheel, shoes and springs, bearings and spacers, clutchbell, and the screw. I have also had to replace both servos, as well as replacing the carb. And now the motor is shot. I could see these issues coming about after several months of decent driving, but not within 2-3 months, of less than moderate driving due to all the down time. Those are some serious parts to be replacing in the first 2 months of a car. Not to mention the radio issue these had, which put me down for almost 2 weeks till I could find another radio. I understand that every model is going to have issues, such as screws needing to have locktight, and small matters like that. But the problems, I have had have been major issues that have caused more down time, than play time. By the time I get both my cars running again, I will have spent enough money I could have bought another car, if not two. Don't get me wrong I am glad warpaint got help like he did. I just wish that after investing almost $1000 in 2 cars, that I could have gotten some better assistance from the company and the seller of my cars. Especially with all the posts I have made with issues on my cars. I finally figured it was time I released how I felt about these cars, instead of holding back hoping something good would happen with them.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:13 AM
R-U-FASTER

Sorry to hear you had all the bad luck but when you get ready to go back to bashing give me a shout and we will try to help.