Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado bb to volcano conversion

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 09:34 PM
tornbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado bb to volcano conversion

hello every one. i own a tornado bb. well as i aproached my 3rd set of tires. i had an idea. since the bb had enough power to turn my sets of tires into slicks, i figured that i would go a little bigger.(my bb doesnt like grass that much, doest have the ground clearence) i ended up purchasing pro lines gladiators for the front and the back with offsetted wheels. i was going to order up some volcano shocks mounts and shocks as well as a body to do the conversion. well needless to say. the .18vx turned over the 4.25" tires ok. slow start til rpms pick up. its just doggish. by looking at the parts listings. i figure a complete tranny, a bell housing, and maybe diff dogbone drive shafts is needed(volcano parts). does this sound right?i was debating the o.s motor for it, or a diff motor. but wasnt sure if it would really matter with the bb tranny.i think lower gearing is the answer to get the grunt back. does this sound like a good idea, or would i be better off just buying a volcano and leaving my bb the way it is. i though it would do just fine because the tsunami has bigger tires all the way around as well as the tranny and gearing but i guess i was wrong. any help would be greatly appriechiated.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Swamp3r

Default RE: tornado bb to volcano conversion

Everybody needs atleast 2 trucks lol, I'd buy another one with all the time and waiting for parts then having to install them. I'd just start adding up what the parts and shipping will cost you plus your down time.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:47 PM
tornbb

Default RE: tornado bb to volcano conversion

yeah. i guess ill set the new rubber aside for the volcano when i get it. are the tires bigger then what i have?it says that they are 120*70mm. the gladiators are 2inches wide and 4.25'' tall.im not gonna let em go to waste. there awsome tires.