Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Trouble with Monsoon Truggy...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Kraker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble with Monsoon Truggy...

I am new to the RC world.....

I was tring to get my idle adjusted in just right because it was wanting to run from me while driving it. So I took it back and put in on a stand and started it. I let it run for a minute or two then reved the gas, the car then went crazy on me and the RPMs went totally out of control so I shut it down bye puting a cloth over the exhaust and the car started smoking near the fly wheel. A couple of days later I tried to work on it and my front tires would not spin or rotate. What could the problem be? It seems my idle is okay one day and not the next, now it is down completely. I have had this car for appx. 1 month and broke it in as I read to do and was told to do from experienced people.
Old 06-22-2008, 01:55 PM
vnmsgt

Default RE: Trouble with Monsoon Truggy...

If you had smoke by the flywheel and now the tires will not turn you might have a problem in you clutch bell bearings or clutch bell. Lift the back of the car off the ground and see if it rolls then do the same with the front, if it feels locked up both ways I think it is in the clutch bell. If it is just the front then it might be in the diff. Your idle could change and how it runs depending on the day and temp. Was it idling fine and only when you run it, then it wants to run away from you? If so you might be to lean on the low speed. If at idle it does that than your idle is probably too high.
Old 06-22-2008, 02:03 PM
Swamp3r

Also check for rocks or anything jammed in any of the gears, and the idle problem I`d check the small grub screws on your linkage if you reved it up and it screamed then a screw may be loose and when you rev it the screw binds. I had this happen to me on the monsoon your looking at. You may also want to take the front diff apart and have a look.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80370.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	976084  
Old 06-24-2008, 06:47 PM
Kraker

I lifted the truggy up and tried to spin the wheels, well the front ones are locked and the back ones are fine. I will also check it for rocks in the coming days but if that turns out to be okay should I order an new diff. Also would you recommend me take this to a more experienced person around my home, a per say like when the RC club races on saturdays? ThankX again for the help you all are and have given me.