Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Tornado tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 03:57 PM
stagga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tornado tires

Anyone know which tires these are?

http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...=NoExhaust.flv

I run my car on the road a lot and the nobby tires get worn out in no time...the ones in this vid look more like street tires that should last me a little longer.
If anyone knows of any other semi street tires for the tornado let me kno![8D]
Old 06-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Gelo_USA

Default RE: Tornado tires

I m looking for tires too but have no idea... I ran through a set of tires in less than 10 tanks... I will take mine to the hobby shop when I have time and buy a set of wheels antires tht fit... I will bring the buggy with me...
Old 06-24-2008, 05:14 PM
5lagd

You should have just asked me.lol look at the bottom of this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7651531/tm.htm
Old 06-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Gelo_USA

whats the difference between the dirty hawg I or III... I just want something tht will last longer on asphault......
Old 06-24-2008, 05:27 PM
5lagd

ORIGINAL: Gelo_USA

whats the difference between the dirty hawg I or III... I just want something tht will last longer on asphault......
III are fronts and I are rears. They balloon like crazy on pavement and are really good on dirt too. not the greatest on grass though. they look really good on my buggy though. ill take pics if ya want.
Old 06-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Gelo_USA

ohh... man this hobby is expensive... LOL just like aquariums... after u get one u cant stop... I m cured of my aquarium addction... I have only a 40gallon with some tropical fish from rio negro in brazil... LOL... just like RC u always want another one... I m thinking of getting a lightining and putting an .18 engine on it... so I can run onroad too... I will bring my buggy to the hobby shop see if I find something there.... I dnt want to wait for shipping... I already have a set of stocks comming this weekend...
Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 PM
stagga

lol..thanks boss man. i take it that they dont have these on tower hobby?

pic of the tire wear...after about 12-15 tanks...90% of the time on the asphalt...the front tires are worse!
Old 06-24-2008, 06:10 PM
stagga

sorry about the huge pic....
Old 06-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Gelo_USA

yea.. mine is like tht after less than 10 tanks... and I also saw something strange today... my CLUTCH BELL was smoking... after 2 tanks....
Old 06-24-2008, 08:39 PM
stagga

ORIGINAL: DonnyNitro

ORIGINAL: Gelo_USA

III are fronts and I are rears. They balloon like crazy on pavement and are really good on dirt too. not the greatest on grass though. they look really good on my buggy though. ill take pics if ya want.
balloon like crazy huh...so the handling isnt the greatest? a couple pics would be great!
Old 06-24-2008, 11:15 PM
tornbb

ive had my clutch bell smoke to. i think it might have gotten grass in it through the hole. i glued a clear plastic over the cut outs for the tranny and flywheel.thats not i went through 2 sets of tires in a little less than a week. one set stockers, the other set my friend let me borrow from his dark impact.BALD both set.thats my fault though i love seeing the rubber marks in my driveway from blowin donuts. i got 3 tanks out of the stockers, and 5 or 6 out the dark impact wheels. i told him they were bald.he told me he didnt care....we'll see when he gets em back.goin through tires can get expensive, but that comes with the hobby
Old 06-25-2008, 02:25 PM
stagga

well i ordered some tires and ca glue and a bunch of other bits and pieces for my car. can't wait to put on the new clutch and try the different spring and shoe combinations!