Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

About To Throw In The Towel

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 10:17 AM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: About To Throw In The Towel

I actually had a lot more run time with my 1/10 Tornado than I have had with my 1/8 Monsoon. My .28 motor is bad, and my .18 is still running strong, and I know for a fact the .18 was not broken in right, and the .28 was. Kinda odd in my opinion. I am not going to say Redcat is crap, but I do feel that I could have taken all the money I have spent on both my cars, and got 2 cars of better qaulity, and would probably have 2 cars I could be running right now.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:43 AM
241 racing
My Feedback: (20)

I would agree.Mine has became a shelf queen cause I refuse to give Red Cat any more of my hard earned money on crap.I learned my lesson and will never buy or recommend a red cat to anyone.I will never buy a el cheapo again cause after you spend a few more hundred on parts you could of bought a good name brand to begin with and would have a quarter of the problems that these Red craps have.I have a bunch of other Rc's so I just made the red cat my shelf queen and refuse to drive it.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:16 AM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

It is not that I refuse to drive mine, it is that I can't drive mine. Right now both of my cars are broke. I tried to piece my Tornado back together, just to have more problems with it. I don't plan on buying another car at all since I have drained soooo much money into the 2 I already have.
Old 06-28-2008, 11:48 AM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought 2 redcat hurricanes..athough they now have more himoto parts on them you might call them torpeda's...funny thing is a guy I know kinda laughed at me when I got my first one..said I'd be working on it more then driving it...he has a cen and a losi buggy...he seen me running one day and him and his dad stopped to chat...I fired up my buggy and took off....both him and his dad said neither of his buggies could keep up...before they left I jumped a 7 to 8 ft sand pile...they were like oooh heck when it landed and took off without missing a beat..granted I have replaced most parts on both buggies, but after talking to him and his dad he had replaced just as many and both told me im real hard on mine..I know my buggies are not the fastest, and sure there may be better buggies .. I know your thinking "you have to order your parts online and wait for them via ups or usps"...well thats true I do...but I live 120 miles away from a true lhs.. and your not always guarenteed that your lhs has the part you need in stock anyway...then you still have to wait...I dont know what yall are doing but im pleased with my once was hurricanes now torpedas..its just like the chevy guy saying fords are junk....well to be truthfull anything mechanical will give you problems...if you cant find the week points and learn to make it work your going to have problems...and yes...anything mechanical has a week point...if you dont think so you badly mistaken...
Old 06-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Syclone354

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

Yes I unfortunatly wasted 200 on one and see them all the time cause there CHEAP.Mine is just like everyone elses it's broke more than it's running.People call them RED CRAP for a reason.
What do you expect for a $200 RTR car? Something you can jump over buildings with that will never break?
Old 06-28-2008, 01:28 PM
Syclone354

Firebird, do you have any of their 1/10th stuff? If you get a chance to compare them side by side youll see how incredibly better their 1/8th cars are as opposed to their 1/10th. Night and day difference, no comparison, and the 1/8th is absolutley worth the extra money.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:27 PM
firebird78

syclone....I have 2 1/10ths...Ive had my lighning for awhile...although the vx .16 isnt a power house and its stuck in second gear but its very reliable...granted all I do is chase cars down the street (ive passed pick ups going under them then cut in front of the front tire)..all I've broke on it was a wheel by sliding it into the curb, the tires were all but shot anyway..lol...I also have a himoto mtr-3 truggy..im really impressed with it so far...but I agree with you..if you plan to jump and bash the heck out of an rc 1/8th is the only way to go...like you said..night and day diff.....the only real problem I had with the hurricane/torpeda is the front hubs...the screws arent long enuff and I would pull the threads out of em..I just used longer screws and instead of using locktite I used tire glue on the threads...havent had a problem since... now ive broken arms and steering links. but the bicycle track I run on has bigger jumps then the one rc track I went to watch guys race...that and the jumps have some pretty deep washouts...I dont care what brand rc you buy...you land wrong you take a good chance of breaking something
Old 06-28-2008, 02:43 PM
chevyderek72

ignorant people give ignorant responses. One bad experience and you hate redcat, thats pretty lame man. There is a small amout of problems with redcat like all brands, people just dont come in and say how great it is, they only say something when there is a problem. Your going to break things with any brand, any smart person will tell you that. Plenty of people on here have redcat and other brands and say they break on all of them, and even have redcat as the only one left running. so think what you want but go be ignorant somewhere else we dont care for your stupid unreasonable responses here.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:00 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: 241 racing

Sorry to say guys but welcome to Red Cat.If you would of bought something better in the first place I dought you would have all these issues.Cam your crazy to spend all that money on something that might be worth a hundred bucks.For all that money spent you could of bought a REAL RC.
Your funny. Real Funny. A real RC. ***. He would have these problem no matter what. Some just are not cut out for the RC game.

Justin, Good luck have fun in life and remeber the time you had in RC. HeeHee Drop out, its easier than staying in.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:39 PM
firebird78

ouch GB...alotta truth in that post though...when I started 2 of my friends were going to buy buggies...they musta figured they wasnt going to be able to tune and work on them...diff not the hobby fer someone that doesnt like to tinker
Old 06-28-2008, 07:24 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

There have been several people posting very negative comments about Red Cat here in this thread. While RCU realizes that they are free to voice thier opinions, the Red Cat Support Forum is not the proper place to air these comments. I have cleaned the thread up and I'm going to go ahead and lock it down as I feel it's pretty much ran it's course.

Ken