Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

CAN'T FIND THIS PART

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 02:11 PM
SOUNDWAVE420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CAN'T FIND THIS PART

(HURRICAN XP) I cannot find the plastic piece that holds my rear lower suspension hinge rod in place this little plastic piece acts as a spacer and keeps the rod steady from moveing around, it has the number 2 on it for some reason. I cannot find this part on the redcat website or in my manual to order it, When I look at the exploded view and the parts list this piece doesn't exist,If I ordered the replacement hinge set do the e-clamps take the place of these plastic pieces.Id much rather order the plastic pieces because I know they work.Can someone help does anyone know the piece I'm talking about? PLEASE HELP
Old 06-29-2008, 04:23 PM
Megabash

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CAN'T FIND THIS PART

Ya its called the front suspension outer mount, I had the same problem with my Hurricane XP. The part number is 88016. Go to Redcat's website and look up the part number under Parts Search and then click by Part Search Options, click the choice of the All Parts listing and then enter the part number 88016.
Old 06-29-2008, 11:24 PM
mrlee2071

Yeah, same thing happened to my brother. Aparently the Hurricane has changed the suspenson make up. It now shares some peices with the Avalanch (I think). After looking around for a while, I found them on All About Hobbies web sight. RedCat needs to update the parts for the Hurricane. (and perhaps notify their customers of the parts change)
Old 06-30-2008, 08:43 PM
firebird78

88016 isnt a hurricane part #.....the part you need should be in this set.. http://server.sohouniverse.net/~himo...&=SID#MOREINFO .....these are the same exact parts as a hurricane...part numbers are even the same (I just know my way around this site better)...just email Wade at allaboutfunhobbies and he will hook u up.. and yes the new hing set comes with e-clips....part #81032
Old 06-30-2008, 08:50 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: mrlee2071

Yeah, same thing happened to my brother. Aparently the Hurricane has changed the suspenson make up. It now shares some peices with the Avalanch (I think). After looking around for a while, I found them on All About Hobbies web sight. RedCat needs to update the parts for the Hurricane. (and perhaps notify their customers of the parts change)

the hurricane has always shared parts with the avalanch.....the chassis and drivetrain are the same...only diff may be the arms and body mounts...most hurricane parts will also fit the monsoon as well as the typhoon
Old 06-30-2008, 09:23 PM
Megabash

The problem is firebird78 is 88016 is a part number with Redcat and is used in the Hurricane XP, however it cannot be looked up under parts for the Hurricane XP. Why I do not know, but the Hurricane XP still uses this part. The part you listed isn't the part he needs. I have included a picture of the part he is describing and a link to another post about this part.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_73...tm.htm#7307055
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53210.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	981675  
Old 06-30-2008, 09:28 PM
firebird78

ahhh ic....he said rear lower suspension....I dug both my buggies down for another look to see what he ment....should of said rear support piece on front lower suspension...I was at the wrong end of the buggy..lol
Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 PM
mrlee2071

Yes, it seems that redcat has changed some of its suspension parts. Going to a captured pivot arm system. Personally I don't care for it. It does not seem to hold up. My brothers broke the 2nd day, mild slide into a fence. I like my Pro suspension.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:14 PM
firebird78

I knew the was talking about going pivot ball...didnt know if they did already or not...I didnt like the idea of it either but I bought a buggy with pivot ball to try it...I like it...beat up on it yesterday and it held up...just took me awhile to solve my stripping of the hub issues on the king pin style but once I got that figured out I have had no problems....buggy is solid
Old 07-03-2008, 08:48 AM
SOUNDWAVE420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks to all who sent me emails I now have the parts thanks so so so so much. You were all more help than redcat was.In the future yes I will switch to the pro suspension.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:51 PM
firebird78

until then if you find yourself stripping the threads in the hubs were your arms screw on them, just put some tire glue on the thread (same thing as super glue)..blue locktite doesnt help they still come loose and strip the threads...once I started using tire glue I havent had a problem since