Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

volcano sv no go

I just purchased a Volcano SV and have broken it in well. Recently I was out at the bmx track and took a small jump and now nothing works in the drive train. If you have it off the ground, the front tires will go forward and the back ones you can spin backwards without and problem. I think this is not good. What should I be looking for and how to get it running again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: volcano sv no go

first, check to make sure all your dogbones are still in place. One going from the front diff to both front tires, one going from the front diff to the center, one going form the center to the rear, and one going from the rear diff to both rear tires.

Check the drive cups. There are cups the center dog bones sit in that are held in place by screws. It's possible that screw backed out. If it did, retighten it and use blue loc-tite on the threads of the screw to prevent it from happening again. You can buy loc-tite at any store that sells automotive parts. including the big discount chain stores.
    Mike Friery
    www.redcatracing.com

RE: volcano sv no go

also make sure nothing is stuck in your drive train like a rock or something
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae