Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Hurricane same as a Kyosho Mp7.5?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Cam_132

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hurricane same as a Kyosho Mp7.5?

Is the Hurricane a exact copy of the Kyosho Mp7.5?
Old 07-10-2008, 06:49 PM
amf66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hurricane same as a Kyosho Mp7.5?

Pretty much. Most MP7.5 parts will fit the Hurricane.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

UHM, HELLO PEOPLE. MOST CARS ARE MADE IN CHINA, TAIWAN, JAPAN or some asian country, there is only one US manufacturer and that happens to be Team Associated (that explains there outragous price). You can pay $500 plus for a Kyosho or Ofna OR you can pay $300 for a Redcat Hurricane and guess what, YOU GOT THE SAME CAR. and NO traxxas is NOT manufactured in Plano Texas, that's there corporate office and distribution center.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:30 AM
Kemo

ORIGINAL: Cam_132

Is the Hurricane a exact copy of the Kyosho Mp7.5?
A great majority of it is indeed the same. The biggest differences you will find is up front with the buggy... the canes have kingpin suspension whereas the Kyosho's have C-Hub. Many of the parts are indeed interchangeable, and this means hop ups too!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:27 AM
Cam_132

Sweet so it means that when i want to up grade i just say i have a Kyosho mp7.5 and i will get the right parts! cool! so i dont need to order in for parts i can go to my LHS and get parts. SWEET!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Cam_132

And one more thing... does that meen that i can use even the bodies from the other car?
Old 07-11-2008, 12:33 PM
TThib

Some things are direct fit, some things require a bit of modding. I grabbed a wing support set that one side needed a bit of dremmeling, and the plastic seemed to be a bit more flexible (ie: forgiving).

Bodies... unsure, but would like to know. I'm tired of making my own window masks.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:15 PM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

UHM, HELLO PEOPLE. MOST CARS ARE MADE IN CHINA, TAIWAN, JAPAN or some asian country, there is only one US manufacturer and that happens to be Team Associated (that explains there outragous price). You can pay $500 plus for a Kyosho or Ofna OR you can pay $300 for a Redcat Hurricane and guess what, YOU GOT THE SAME CAR. and NO traxxas is NOT manufactured in Plano Texas, that's there corporate office and distribution center.
You do know that Associated is owned by Thunder Tiger which I believe is German. So there goes that US manufacturer theory.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
{GBI}Harryball

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

You do know that Associated is owned by Thunder Tiger which I believe is German. So there goes that US manufacturer theory.
And this is like saying chrysler isnt american made because benz owns them.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:42 PM
ehroof

You do know that Associated is owned by Associated Electrics INC. an American company that has its headquarters in California. Thunder Tiger Corp. is also based in Taiwan.
Old 07-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Cam_132

ok guys this is not a thread for the Debate if AE is a US company or not... it is seeing if all parts will fit on the buggy.... lol

LOL, i am not trying to sound like ken but i dont want to see a nother thread closed down...
Old 07-12-2008, 12:30 AM
Kemo

Anywho, bodies do fit! its one of the nice pluses Another nice upgrade you can get are the chassis supports, the aftermarket ones for the MP 7.5 are a darn nice bolt in for the hurricane (provided nothing on the main chassis has changed since I got my cane).
Old 07-12-2008, 09:14 AM
04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

You do know that Associated is owned by Associated Electrics INC. an American company that has its headquarters in California. Thunder Tiger Corp. is also based in Taiwan.
Not to argue but I am pretty sure TT bought AE.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:22 AM
pede_187

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

Not to argue but I am pretty sure TT bought AE.

Associated Electrics, Inc.
26021 Commercentre Dr.
Lake Forest, CA 92630-8853
This is the address for Team Associated. Looks to be owned by associated electrics.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:18 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Yes I know, they are, but they were NOT owned by thunder tiger till resentlly, THER FORE they are still an american based manufacturer, so the theory hold true STILL.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Kemo

I dont get why egos have to flare up over what company does what in what country, but the topic has absolutely nothing to do with who makes what and where its made.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:48 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

stuff a sock in it Kemo.

LMAO, the Hurricane, Ofna buggies and kyosho buggies are all Identical, all the parts fit each other, only One companies have the parts at a reasonable price and that's Hi Speed Toys (Redcat/Himoto/Exceed and god knows how many other names). I know this for a fact because i have several CUSTOMERS that come to our store and BUY HURRICANE parts for there KYOSHO and OFNA buggies, because the HURRICANE parts are cheaper and made of the same material and if I didn't know any better possibly come from the SAME mold as the Ofna and Kyosho buggies, Except Kyosho is japan if I'm not mistaken.
Old 07-14-2008, 02:30 AM
Kemo

another cool thing with the hurricane is that it can be converted to PBS (from kingpin) by using VTX or Himoto front suspension parts.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:51 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

i'm sorry when was the last time you had a customer brind a kyosho in to get parts? OH WAIT, I know when NEVER, if you knew what you were talking about half the timeyou would be dangerous kemo. The kyosho buggy, hurricane and ofna buggy are exactally the same with one exception the kyosho diff gears are a tad bigger other than thet every thing else is the same.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:55 PM
amf66

What do you mean by "OFNA buggy"? OFNA distributes quite a few different buggies!
Old 07-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Kemo

its best to leave that argument alone.

Back to the hurricane!
Old 07-14-2008, 07:23 PM
Cam_132

Yes please, this is very off topic... I dont want this thread to go and get locked, this thread is for people that didint know that they were the same buggies, so everyone can know that they are!

So everyone Please stop fighting... I dont want to see a nother thread locked
Old 07-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Kemo

what else are you lookin to do to the cane?
Old 07-14-2008, 08:53 PM
Cam_132

well... i am looking to drop in some good high torque/speed servos (Th/st), Droping in a 2.4ghz Spektrum DX3, and geting a transponder... the thing is that i want to race and the hobby shop is about 2 minits away and they do suply all Kyosho Mp parts (7.5 normaly) and i am just wondering if i could get parts is something would break... just so i dont have to wate 2 weeks to get it. and they are beter qualiy. Well by the discription i will be racing! and i am going to get a telemitry system from spektrum just so i can moniter all of the systems. it counts laps, checks rpm, and checks temp...

so i will have a race ready rig!
Old 07-14-2008, 09:14 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: amf66

What do you mean by "OFNA buggy"? OFNA distributes quite a few different buggies!
Pretty much all the ofna buggies. If you really really look at them other than the pivot ball suspension which you can find on the Himoto RXB-1 Buggy, all the buggies are the same, difference come with engines and radio systems.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.