Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

MIP CVDS for Redcat Volcano EPX?

I have tried both the stock dog bones and universal dogbones that redcat provides and they keep bending with minor jumps. Does anyone know of any other after market cvds, such as MIP, that might fit on our redcats to make them a little bit stronger? Thanks.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: MIP CVDS for Redcat Volcano EPX?

To the Best of my Knowledge, there are NO after market Dog bones for Redcat.
    There are Certainly no MIPS parts.....

If you are constantly bending Dogbones, then your suspension MUST be Binding......

There could be a Couple reasons for this.....

Too much Travel would cause this problem. The Shocks and the Limit Tabs (small tabs on the Chassis plate that limit the travel of the Lower suspension arms) should limit travel of the suspension, so that the dogbones ALWAYS have a bit of wiggle room, no matter how much the suspension is Compressed.

In Your Case, there is TOO Much suspension Travel and the Dogbones get Tight. They will Bend on hard landing, (when the Suspension is Fully Compressed).

You can put some Fuel Line on the Shock shaft, to limit how much the shock compresses.....
    You can also BEND the Limit Tabs to Lessen the amount of Downward Travel of the Lower Suspension Arms.
    Might also help to use Thicker Damping Fluid in your Shocks.....

Keep in mind though....If you are always landing HARD off of Jumps, you can still bend the Dogbones pretty easily.....
    OFFICIAL HIMOTO RACING SUPPORT - THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN
    http://himotoracing.com :: http://himotoracingusa.com
    THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What Red said. Binding, almost certainly. The Volcano (and I assume the other 1/10 stuff) is very sensitive to suspension settings & will bind the dogbones quite easily.
    Sponsored by Redcat-Vancouver
    Email: westcoasthobbies@shaw.ca

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

here's my mod using traxas sliding shafts. The rear would be easier than the front, unless you have the pivot ball suspension. Without the pivot-ball style front then you have to carve up the carriers and change the upper links to fixed upper arms.