Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

MIP CVDS for Redcat Volcano EPX?

Old 08-01-2008, 10:43 PM
iamfoesho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MIP CVDS for Redcat Volcano EPX?

I have tried both the stock dog bones and universal dogbones that redcat provides and they keep bending with minor jumps. Does anyone know of any other after market cvds, such as MIP, that might fit on our redcats to make them a little bit stronger? Thanks.
Old 08-03-2008, 01:09 AM
Redharris

Default RE: MIP CVDS for Redcat Volcano EPX?

To the Best of my Knowledge, there are NO after market Dog bones for Redcat.
There are Certainly no MIPS parts.....

If you are constantly bending Dogbones, then your suspension MUST be Binding......

There could be a Couple reasons for this.....

Too much Travel would cause this problem. The Shocks and the Limit Tabs (small tabs on the Chassis plate that limit the travel of the Lower suspension arms) should limit travel of the suspension, so that the dogbones ALWAYS have a bit of wiggle room, no matter how much the suspension is Compressed.

In Your Case, there is TOO Much suspension Travel and the Dogbones get Tight. They will Bend on hard landing, (when the Suspension is Fully Compressed).

You can put some Fuel Line on the Shock shaft, to limit how much the shock compresses.....
You can also BEND the Limit Tabs to Lessen the amount of Downward Travel of the Lower Suspension Arms.
Might also help to use Thicker Damping Fluid in your Shocks.....

Keep in mind though....If you are always landing HARD off of Jumps, you can still bend the Dogbones pretty easily.....
Old 08-03-2008, 02:50 PM
ugly duck

What Red said. Binding, almost certainly. The Volcano (and I assume the other 1/10 stuff) is very sensitive to suspension settings & will bind the dogbones quite easily.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:18 PM
el_tonto

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7433522/tm.htm]here's my mod using traxas sliding shafts[/link]. The rear would be easier than the front, unless you have the pivot ball suspension. Without the pivot-ball style front then you have to carve up the carriers and change the upper links to fixed upper arms.