Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

NO BRAKES!!

Old 08-08-2008, 03:25 PM
cpcurtis08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NO BRAKES!!

Today i was driving my Volcano SV, and all of the sudden my brakes stopped working. I stopped it (with my foot) and tried the observed the throttle and brake mechanism with the engine off. WHen i put on full brakes and push the vehicle forward, it rolls freely even though the brake disc is not moving. Help!
Old 08-08-2008, 05:08 PM
ugly duck

Default RE: NO BRAKES!!

Probably the same problem that's been asked 10 times here this month (slight exaggeration): the grub screw on the drive cup at the rear of the transmission has come loose, and the drive cup has slid out past the brake disc. Now that it's out past the brake disc, you'll have to get the disc back onto the drive cup while you slide the drive cup all the way back towards the transmission, and then tighten up the screw.

You've got to loctite all these drive cups and check them frequently.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
Kodiac400

I think that UD is right. Its happened to me on my tsunami. Pretty easy fix however. In order for me to do it properly I removed my brake shoes completely and tightened it down the put the brake shoes back on. I have perfect brakes now.

Let us know how this turns out.

Later
Old 08-09-2008, 11:03 AM
cpcurtis08

Will i need to take apart the whole thing to get to the brakes?
Old 08-10-2008, 04:46 AM
ugly duck

If you want to remove the brakes, you might find it easier to pull some stuff apart. If you are just resetting the drive cup, you can do that without removing anything aside from the body.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Kodiac400

The Tsunami must be a bit different then because my grub screw is under my brake disc. So in order for me to get my hex key in there I had to remove my brake pads. Still very easy though.

Later