Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

volcano s30 performance and quality

Old 08-18-2008, 06:09 AM
volcano-s30

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default volcano s30 performance and quality

hi im getting a volcano s30 for christmas,and i want to know how good they go and the quality of them(it will be my first nitro since im only 13)
thanks
Old 08-18-2008, 10:39 AM
chevyderek72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: volcano s30 performance and quality

dang man just post once, someone will answer eventually. they are good trucks, they arent as durable as the 1/8th scale but i like them. i learned with the volcano and i still have it. the only thing i really broke was the steering hub and carrier, but i think the volcanos are now pivit ball suspension, which would be different from mine. but i only broke them from hitting curbs. they have pretty good performance, and there are tons of mods you can do to make it better and faster.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:24 AM
volcano-s30

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ohh sorry i didnt think it worked the first time when i opsted so i tried this time[:@]
Old 08-19-2008, 03:28 AM
chevyderek72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

its all good, its just annoying when there is 4 posts people are replying to and answers are everywhere, it gets confusing. so you getting a volcano for christmas?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:29 AM
volcano-s30

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

LOL thanks
Old 08-19-2008, 04:17 AM
chevyderek72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

so are you getting a volcano for christmas? i thought thats what you said
Old 08-19-2008, 04:51 AM
volcano-s30

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yehh i am
Old 08-19-2008, 04:53 AM
volcano-s30

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

whats the difference between the vertex 18 and the sh 18?????[]
Old 08-19-2008, 06:51 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

VX is a basic basher engine, nothing special. Sh18 has plenty more power and performance is much much better, not as good as an OS. I have installed some SH18 with slide carbs on customers T-maxxs and once broken in and tuned properly with the right pipe it has enough power to wheely a T-maxx.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Cam_132

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

ok i am reading through the first post you did... saying you are 13 and this is going to be your first rc... Dont get the S30 it is too powerful! go with the Tornado BB it is a beter bigener car... i have a Sh-18 in my tornado (my car is hoped up bad! sh-18 ported and polished and header is ported and polished) and i can bearly control it, it has so much power... but no get the BB till you get use to it and save up enough money or the VX dies then get a SH-18 but not yet...
Old 08-19-2008, 04:41 PM
chevyderek72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i would say to get the s30, but just take it really really easy till you learn a lot. because its way cheaper than upgrading. but it would be easier to get a beginner buggy. although i would rather have the volcano or the s30 even if i was beginning
Old 08-20-2008, 05:41 AM
volcano-s30

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

kk thanks,but ive alredy got it ,im alowwed to drive it on christmas,thanks for you input for the engines,now the actual car,are they strong????
Old 08-20-2008, 04:41 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wait a minute, you have the car now, but you can't drive it till christmas? Oh man that's the worst torture I've ever heard of, LOL.

There strong enough to be able to handle normal every day driving and some pretty decent bashing. So don't hit the curb, brickwall or your moms car tire at full speed.
Old 08-20-2008, 07:38 PM
uneze

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Man i hope xmas is in augest or sept in Australia not dec mom and dad would be wooping my butt it would be broke by x mas day if it was me ..ha ha volcano was my first nitro r/c it took a beating and a lot of parts will break no matter what you get, just save your money and when you break some thing up grade to the alum parts much stronger than stock parts. I have replaced everything on my volcano including the engin i have a o/s 18 in it it flys good luck and hope you get to run it befor xmas
Old 08-20-2008, 08:23 PM
firebird78

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I dont see how a tornado would be any better for a beginer then a volcano...to me a 1/8th is better for beginers due to the fact that they are usually more durable...at any rate it doesnt matter if the purchase has already been made...and as far as putting aluim on it goes I had one rc I took all the aluim off because it will break or bend and is way more to replace then plastic...fact is that once you learn to drive the rc u will notice your not breaking as much...but that all depends on how hard you bash...if your jumping houses nothing will hold up for very long...my advise is to take this time to read through the forums..you will get alotta info from others and if you follow the good advice you should be ahead of the game...but you need to learn who has good advise and who doesnt..
Old 08-21-2008, 01:54 AM
chevyderek72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i think that the beginner buggy would be the easiest. but i dont have an 1/8th so i wouldnt know about them
Old 08-22-2008, 06:32 AM
volcano-s30

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

x-mass is in 25th december in oz,how would the tornado b better eny way,by the time i get it ill be good coz in a cuple of weeks im having arthroscopic surgery on my shoulder,coz i staked my mx bike and tore a ligament
Old 08-22-2008, 09:18 AM
volcano-s30

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

volcano isnt 1/8th
Old 08-22-2008, 10:50 AM
chevyderek72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

no im saying that i think the beginner buggy would be eassiest t learn with, if you werent already on the forums. and i dont know how easy 1/8ths are because i dont have one
Old 08-22-2008, 02:11 PM
perhamrocks

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i think the volcano is a great begginers nitro, it was my first. I had no major problems with it. The only bad part is that your only 13, which means you probably don't have a job right now, which means you won't be driving a whole lot, unless you mooch off your parents, because these things are money pits, but they're extremely fun and the s30 is definately the way to go
Old 08-22-2008, 10:06 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: volcano-s30

whats the difference between the vertex 18 and the sh 18?????[]
The vertex is not good at all. The SH will spank it any day (GoldenLion makes way better engines than vertex will ever make).

Keep in mind that the VX is only an RTR engine, and to keep these RCs cheap, the VX itself is very very cheaply made with that in mind.

For you, since you are brand new to the hobby, stick with the VX and learn how to break-in, tune, deassemble & reassemble, and so forth. Dont get an upgrade engine until that VX dies. You should get about 5-8 gallons worth of running before you need to replace it, that is assuming you take good care of it and break- it in properly.

Once you are adept eough to tune and maintain the VX, you will know what to do to properly get the better SH engine going.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:14 PM
SAVAGEJIM

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: tihstae

i think that the beginner buggy would be the easiest. but i dont have an 1/8th so i wouldnt know about them
Actually, wrenching on a mid-grade RC is not that different than working on any of the HSPs. Yes, there are differences in designs between these beginner RCs and the mid- to high- grade RCs, but as far as turning a screwdriver, tuning an engine, adjusting the suspension, working on a mid-grade RC is just like working on these.

So, if you decide to venture out and get like a Revo or an LST, your skills in working on these will be carried forth into these other RCs also.

All I'm saying is the mid- to high-grade RCs are no harder to work on than the beginner RCs.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:13 AM
kuppler

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Quote:

Actually, wrenching on a mid-grade RC is not that different than working on any of the HSPs. Yes, there are differences in designs between these beginner RCs and the mid- to high- grade RCs, but as far as turning a screwdriver, tuning an engine, adjusting the suspension, working on a mid-grade RC is just like working on these.

So, if you decide to venture out and get like a Revo or an LST, your skills in working on these will be carried forth into these other RCs also.

All I'm saying is the mid- to high-grade RCs are no harder to work on than the beginner RCs.
Jim you are So Right... From a beginner to a high end RC. you will use the same skills for all...
Old 08-23-2008, 02:56 PM
chevyderek72

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Quote:

no all i was saying is that i think that i think the beginner buggy would be easiest to learn on, it has the vx engine, with a single speed. i think that would be the easiest thing to learn on, and someone said that 1/8ths are better to learn on, and i said that i wouldnt know about the 1/8ths because i dont have one. but any rc woundnt be very hard to learn on, i just think the beginner buggy would be easiest
Old 08-23-2008, 07:37 PM
volcano-s30

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

yes!!!,my parents let me have mah truck yesterday!,now i need sum fuel and sum batteries,how can a buggy be easiest to learn on when where i live its very rough and mah frend has a buggy and its just aout broken now

Search this Thread