Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Warped crankshaft in Avalanche!?!?!?! ***

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Warped crankshaft in Avalanche!?!?!?! ***

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 PM
shadow21
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warped crankshaft in Avalanche!?!?!?! ***

So i went to my local redcat dealers house tonight to pick up some parts. If anyone read my other thread about the clutch bell shearing off the washers and shims at the end of it here is why. After leaving my new friends house and coming home to install some new parts (aluminum clutch shoes.... blah blah blah). I installed the clutch and put the motor back on the car and turned it over a few times just to see how everything was working accordingly. Well. It wasnt. I noticed that the clutch bell would rise every revolution and fall back down shortly after... Hmmm.. Maybe a bent screw.. NOPE... I took everything off and turned the motor over with just the flywheel, nut and the tip of the crankshaft sticking out just to find the crank is warped. Now this IS what my problem has been all along. Just time progressed, the bearings started failing and BAM there goes some bearings, shims, wahsers, screws clutch bell and all of that good stuff.. Now.. My question is. I know the whole motor is under redcat lifetime warranty but i dont want to spend the whatever amount to get a new motor. I think this should be something covered by the manufacturer because obviously its a defective item. I dont see how driving it would even bend the crankshaft. Now i know why the screw kept backing out every time i started it and played with it for about 5 minutes. So.. What should i do guys?
Old 09-23-2008, 08:27 AM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warped crankshaft in Avalanche!?!?!?! ***

Call Redcat and ask for Nick