Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Redcat Custom Monster Truck

I got that Team Infinity .05 engine fired up today. That little thing is a beast. Has very good throttle response. And screams bloody mary!
    So, I started on another project........
    This one does have a brake installed. I am only using one shock on each wheel so it will sit a little lower to the ground. I really don't know what this will turn out to be yet.. Wheelbase is a little over 16.5 inches. I do plan on shortening it when I find a body for this one.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo40154.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	1046808   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ni23497.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	1046809   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Di11222.jpg 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	1046810   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Le92446.jpg 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	1046811  
    AllAboutFunHobbies / Himoto Racing USA / Redcat Racing / MXT-2S / MTR-2S / XMod / and a few Tremors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A school bus would be pretty bad ass, and not the short bus crap either, the pusher series (the line of bluebird school buses with the exhaust exiting at the rear instead of in front of the rear wheels).
    PBS style Redcat Lightning

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tylervalentine

A school bus would be pretty bad ass, and not the short bus crap either, the pusher series (the line of bluebird school buses with the exhaust exiting at the rear instead of in front of the rear wheels).

Gotta love the short bus!
    If I can find some sheets of flat thin poly plastic, I may consider making a rail car. I will still shorten it some.
    Anyone know where I can find some thin sheets of plastic that is easily bendable?
    AllAboutFunHobbies / Himoto Racing USA / Redcat Racing / MXT-2S / MTR-2S / XMod / and a few Tremors

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Parma make a school bus (Skool Bus) for the emaxx. I dunno what the wheelbase is (probably around 12-13") but the width is pretty narrow at 170mm (6.75"). The wheels from the Tamiya F350 hi-lift truck would possibly work really well if you want a scale look.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Today must be my lucky day. I tore down the gear boxes from one of the tremors I bought from AllAboutFunHobbies tonight and come to find out it is a Himoto 1/16 just like the redcat one. But, it had something better in the gearboxes my friend. Metal Gears!
    So I replace the plastic input shaft gear with the metal one and it should run for a while now. I will surley fire my truck up this weekend and make some runs on my carport and street.
    It's tire squeeling time folks!
    Oh and I got me a sharp looking body coming in real soon.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK, got the body in today. It looks very good. I had the body on with the small green wheels on and it didn't look right. The body would have to be at a 45 degree angle to fill in the wheel wells. But the rear tires looked good with the body straight. Also put the other tires on and took a few pics.
    I need to get me two more wheels and tires to make it a monster truck. Now I got to make the body mounts.... I may also change the suspension so it can be a low rider truck also.

Name:	Ca81950.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	1053322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kf14367.jpg 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	1053323  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

looks good man
    Redcat Racing - Dunerunner, Hurricane XP, Aftershock 8e, Volcano, Volcano epx, Vortex epx, Tremor 18e pro
    Its me ti**tae

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK. Got the body mounts done tonight. I will have to adjust the mounts to move the body a little farther down. I have lots of room under the body on this one!

Name:	Da83361.jpg 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	1054652   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gb89057.jpg 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	1054653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fk16507.jpg 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	1054654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qk22785.jpg 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	1054655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rc41948.jpg 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	1054656  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bs13238.jpg 
Size:	94.9 KB 
ID:	1054657  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tihstae

looks good man
    Thanks man!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those body mounts are impressive, great craftsmanship. I know its your build but please don't make it like the tamiya high lift with the body ridiculously higher than the chassis. lol. I hate that more than anything. I prefer the avalanche look with the body real low, more of an aggressive look than realistic. But again its your build so build it the way you want to.

Have you put the front center dogbones in yet or is it still only two wheel drive?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Those body mounts are impressive, great craftsmanship. I know its your build but please don't make it like the tamiya high lift with the body ridiculously higher than the chassis. lol. I hate that more than anything. I prefer the avalanche look with the body real low, more of an aggressive look than realistic. But again its your build so build it the way you want to.

Have you put the front center dogbones in yet or is it still only two wheel drive?
    Thanks! LOL! No, I plan on lowering the body. Once I mark the mount holes on the body, I can lower and raise the body. Then I can mark where the engine head will come through the body. I will also mount my wireless camera inside the body to get a bird's eye view of inside action.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not yet, I'm still debating whether not to make it a 4x4 monster truck or a 4x2 custom truck(with those smaller tires).
    I'll know more when I cut out for the engine head and lower the body.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jpilkinton

I will also mount my wireless camera inside the body to get a bird's eye view of inside action.
    Inside action as the camera pointed to the mechanics of the truck or out like most cameras?

Either way you go you have two trucks in one with just changing the wheels and lowering the body. It seems to me that turning is extremely effected the front wheels don't pull. Either lowrider or monster truck i think going four wheel drive would be superior.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Inside action as the camera pointed to the mechanics of the truck or out like most cameras?
    From the inside looking out of the front. Then I can twist the camera around and get some footage of the rear.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Either way you go you have two trucks in one with just changing the wheels and lowering the body. It seems to me that turning is extremely effected the front wheels don't pull. Either lowrider or monster truck i think going four wheel drive would be superior.
    I shouldn't have much problems with turning. I agree, having 4 wheel drive for turning would be best, but I want to be able to apply WOT and spin the rear end around.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did that with my shockwave. Going only rear wheel drive makes wheelies a hell of a lot easier and has the whole push factor, but i also found that it causes it to spin out incredibly easy. On the lightning i took out the center rear dogbone and played with it that way for a little bit. It really slowed acceleration down but at high speed when i took complete 180 degree turns it slung the rear end out pretty good and after a little practice i could get it perfectly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I did that with my shockwave. Going only rear wheel drive makes wheelies a hell of a lot easier and has the whole push factor, but i also found that it causes it to spin out incredibly easy. On the lightning i took out the center rear dogbone and played with it that way for a little bit. It really slowed acceleration down but at high speed when i took complete 180 degree turns it slung the rear end out pretty good and after a little practice i could get it perfectly.
    Yeah that's cool. But I noticed on my 1/16 tremor,(even with it 4-wheel drive) I could be going straight wot and try to turn and she won't turn hardly untill I let off the gas, and then she turns so sharp, that she wants to flip over. LOL!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK. This truck is D.O.N.E.
    I decided to make this one a street truck with the low profile tires considering my wheelbase was off about 1/2 inch for the body. The bigger monster truck tires would rub the body when it was at a descent height. I had to do some trimming around the front wheel wells to clear the tires when turning while the shocks were compressed.
    The next truck will be a 4x4x4 truck. I will not finish the chassis on that one UNTILL I get another body. Which I should have done first on this truck.
    Till next time!

Name:	Pn35241.jpg 
Size:	78.4 KB 
ID:	1055351   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	To44114.jpg 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	1055352   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ej12653.jpg 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	1055353  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

video?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I decided to make this one a street truck with the low profile tires considering my wheelbase was off about 1/2 inch for the body. The bigger monster truck tires would rub the body when it was at a descent height. I had to do some trimming around the front wheel wells to clear the tires when turning while the shocks were compressed.
    The next truck will be a 4x4x4 truck. I will not finish the chassis on that one UNTILL I get another body. Which I should have done first on this truck.
    Till next time!
    I see editing on the pics whats that all about
    Bodies By Blue-Airbrushes Bring Out The Artist In All Of Us!!
    All About Fun Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats sweet, excellent project

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bluecaka69

Till next time!
    Lmao cant miss that windows "spray paint" looks great tho m8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: pocketryder

Thats sweet, excellent project
    Thanks buddy!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

video?
    Soon my friend. Been working long hours at work and not enough time for me....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bluecaka69
    Ummm.... It says HIMOTO Racing on the stickers since I am using a Himoto Racing body. I just wanted to show some courtesy to Redcat considering this is their forum.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast