Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 09:20 AM
aswain88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions

I am looking at purchasing a few Tremor XTB's , for me and my children, and some neighbors. We are starting a neighborhood rc club and have a track in my backyard. These XTB's and XTG's look like the perfect vehicle for us size wise for our track and we all want nitro not electric. My question is what parts can fit these ? ie wheels and tires and such, aftermarket and so forth.

Thanks for any info

Anthony
Simpsonville, SC
Old 09-27-2008, 12:42 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: Questions

Not much really. 1/10th scale 26mm street car tires fit with a little modification.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:20 PM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: AllAboutFunHobbies

Not much really. 1/10th scale 26mm street car tires fit with a little modification.
Actually, there is quite a few that will fit the tremor without modification. As long as the hex is the same size and you have enough space(body, chassis, ect...) they will fit. I use the traxxas 2.2 wheels and tires on my tremors. If you use other tires with the same size hex, you will have to use a washer on the wheel nut. I had to...
I'm not saying I'm an expert in any way, just from experience.
Old 09-27-2008, 03:21 PM
jpilkinton

And don't even think about upgrading the SH .07 engine to ANYTHING larger. They gears won't handle it! I just found that out!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 04:37 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

LOL, what did you upgrade it too?

I know the couple we had for demos didn't last long till the diff gears shreded. I think we have 3 of them sitting in a heap on a shelf somewhere collecting dust is anyone is interested in them for parts or to rebuild. Two were tremor trucks and one is a tremor street car.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:34 PM
r\c justin

how much i don't need another one, wait for that 1/5 rally from redcat .. got pics?
Old 09-27-2008, 07:09 PM
aswain88

Thanks for the replies. We are looking at 5 XTB's to start and 5 XTG's. Don't really need to upgrade the engine to anything bigger, the size of the track kinda prohibits it. We were just wondering about wheels and tires mostly as we will more than likely run on Saturdays all day and know that we will wear out tires pretty quickly.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:37 PM
jpilkinton

I know the couple we had for demos didn't last long till the diff gears shreded. I think we have 3 of them sitting in a heap on a shelf somewhere collecting dust is anyone is interested in them for parts or to rebuild. Two were tremor trucks and one is a tremor street car.
LMAO! Have you seen that custom truck I made USING the Tremors front end and rear ends? I stabbed a SH .12 in her and made about 4 passes in a mud path and on the fourth run, I shredded the rear input shaft in about 4 feet! I was thinking my custom made drive shaft would be the first to go, but it held up. BUT NOT THE GEARS! I saw on Redcat's website the replacement input shaft and it looks like metal. I will have to call and find out if it is or not. Before I even ran this truck, something told myself that there was a problem on the rear gearbox. But eager as I was to test run it, I said "it will hold"........... WRONG! I did notice there is a shim between the bearing and the input gear. I wonder if there was too much space in the gears. I still have the input shaft from the front gearbox so I can try to use two shims on it and see if that will hold. She was awesome though! And quick! I almost hit the camera on 1 or 2 runs!
Now that you mentioned it, I am interested in your run down tremors. PM me please!
Old 09-28-2008, 05:18 PM
tylervalentine

did you get the other shaft in to yet jp?
Old 09-28-2008, 05:35 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

ORIGINAL: jpilkinton

LMAO! Have you seen that custom truck I made USING the Tremors front end and rear ends? I stabbed a SH .12 in her and made about 4 passes in a mud path and on the fourth run, I shredded the rear input shaft in about 4 feet! I was thinking my custom made drive shaft would be the first to go, but it held up. BUT NOT THE GEARS! I saw on Redcat's website the replacement input shaft and it looks like metal. I will have to call and find out if it is or not. Before I even ran this truck, something told myself that there was a problem on the rear gearbox. But eager as I was to test run it, I said "it will hold"........... WRONG! I did notice there is a shim between the bearing and the input gear. I wonder if there was too much space in the gears. I still have the input shaft from the front gearbox so I can try to use two shims on it and see if that will hold. She was awesome though! And quick! I almost hit the camera on 1 or 2 runs!
Now that you mentioned it, I am interested in your run down tremors. PM me please!
ROTF, nice, that's too funny. Ya I saw it was sweet looking. Aren't you making a 1/10th scale custom truck too? Oh hey I pmed you about the three tremors. There's a couple hundred worth of good parts and I think one has the radio with it still. also all three should have the engines with them. One of the engines only has about one or two tanks run through it, if that.