Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

"new" volcano s-30

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 02:07 PM
chevyderek72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "new" volcano s-30

Alright so i got my s-30 from winged wheel, changed the spur on it (stripped) and then today i go to fire it up. Put it at 2 1/2 on the hsn, flush on the lsn, and it acts like its rich, it wants to die cause its loading up, and then finally i get it warmed up and its just sluggiish. i would think its the same needle settings as the vx, so i just lean it a half a turn. same thing. and i lean it a couple more times (small) and its still doing it. Then this dog comes runnin up, so i shut it down to deal with it. Then i go to start it up and it wont. So now im messin with it to get it started. before it would start no problem. but im confused now. changed the glow plug, wire it bright orange. So here is my question, what are the stock settings for the sh 18?
Old 09-30-2008, 02:15 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Default RE: "new" volcano s-30

if i'm not mistaken you need to turn the hsp back to 2.5 and give the lsp a half to one whole turn in.
Old 09-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Redcat Nick

Hey you get the truck running? If not let me know I will swing by and help you get it tuned.
Old 09-30-2008, 03:58 PM
nubzorz

my lightning was doing the same thing i just leaned it out alot and it worked fine
Old 10-01-2008, 02:21 AM
chevyderek72

alright so i got it running, dont know what it was. but i started running it, and it was still doin the same thing. it wouldnt pick up to high rpm's, so like when im doin a high speed run it only gets to like half the rpms it can. so i put tornado wheels on it and it ran great. it has the direct drive on it, and i think that just didnt gear it down far enough. cause im having the same problem on my exceed truck. but it has smaller tires so it does high rpm's, but just doesnt have the low end i want. and redcats tires taller. So i wanna know if anybody knows if these clutchbells will fit http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNZ41&P=7 and http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXNZ42&P=7. cause redcat doesnt make a bigger spur, and the only thing i can do it get a smaller bell. That or just go back to the gear reduction tranny which i dont wanna do.
Old 10-01-2008, 11:39 AM
Redcat Nick

Ok those will work. You just need to get the needle bearings that go with the bell.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXM766&P=7

And you will need to get a washer to hold the bell on.

You will also need to shim the motor up because there isn't enough room to slide it over for that small of a bell. You can stack up a few washers or something else. I have some that came with one of my os motors. But i am sure that you get the idea

Edit: Hey thanks Wade didn't realize I put the wrong like in there.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

Here how about this, LOL.

[link=http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/130/products_id/411]http://allaboutfunhobbies.com/store/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/130/products_id/411[/link]

That's the actual needle bearing set that goes in that clutcdh bell.

Old 10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
chevyderek72

so that just slides in the clutchdh (lol) bell like the regular bearings would? and then i just need a washer to hold the bell on the engine. then lastly i need to shim up and motor and thats it? sounds easy enough. also which bell should i go for?
Old 10-03-2008, 01:52 PM
Redcat Nick

Yeah just that easy. I would with the smaller of the 2. Or just go down 2 teeth.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 PM
chevyderek72

ya i might just get two of the 11 and get one 12. cause i have two trucks i need to do it to. my excat has the smaller tires so its not as bad as the s-30
Old 10-03-2008, 02:10 PM
Redcat Nick

cool what tires are you running on them? The stock tires?
Old 10-03-2008, 02:16 PM
chevyderek72

ya, i have the stock exceed tires on the excat, but i really need to get new ones. the foams are all flat, and the tires are unbalanced. so i think i might go with the redcat ones. they are a little taller, little more cushion with the tires. and the s-30 has the stock tires too. i just havent got better tires cause what i want is expensive. cause i want beadlocks, but i gotta get those, wheel extensions, and then tires. and its a pain and $$$ haha.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:25 PM
chevyderek72

so i just got the new tornado workin. got it a couple days ago, started it and stripped the spur real fast but only on a small part of the gears, it was meshed wrong. i remeshed it and took it out for a run, the rear diff must need to be replacd because its makin some noise haha. not smooth at all, but this is gonna be my "hey can i try" car. so if someone wants to try driving or if im gonna let pretty much anybody drive it im gonna let them use this one, so they dont ruin my good ones haha.