Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

tornado low end torque ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 04:39 PM
ALL RIDER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tornado low end torque ?

I was just wondering how to get any low end torque from this thing, I swithced out the clutch bell to the hpi 3 Pieace, I did not change the spring though, would that help at all if not what other alternatives our there, and is there any way to put a trx 2.5 r engine in the buggy, the shaft seems to be a bit short. If not what engines our direct fit . thanks
Old 10-25-2008, 05:43 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: tornado low end torque ?

you could put the redcat tuned pipe on it, thats good for low end, you could also get the traxxas 4146x clutch spring, its higher stall so you get better take off.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:11 PM
r\c justin

i have a couple of sh.18 on my volcanos, and the one i have tune up, will hall *****... but i do have the yellow rims on it that redcat offers there smaller than the origanls.. i have put these motors throw a hole lot and they still fire with 2 to 3 pulls. One of my volcanos i ran it in to the ditch, which it was under water the whole truck, waited about 20 mins and fired it right back up, that was also on the VX motor and all stock stervos but, stervos are still the same runs like a champ, but i would say go with the sh.18, with the tune up kit for ur truck.
Old 10-25-2008, 07:05 PM
chevyderek72

i was just suggesting things that dont cost a lot, just basic upgrades. if it was me i would do the pipe, redcat performance header and clutch spring. and then wait till the motor you have dies, then get the sh, because you have a perfectly good engine why waste it. but thats just me
Old 10-25-2008, 07:53 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the vx engines are pretty darn reliable, they just arent powerful engines...try a different pipe..if that doesnt get you the low end your wanting go for the sh .18...you can use the engine exchange program to do this...and the pipe will work well with both engines..
Old 10-25-2008, 08:04 PM
amf66

Here's another option but you won't have as high a top speed:

2. if you want more low end touque use this clutch bell: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXM730&P=K you will loose top end speed with this but have much low end take off
Old 10-25-2008, 09:26 PM
FULLYGROWNKID

i have the tornado S-30 with the SH.18 and i believe an upgraded pipe....is that the pipe u r speaking of from redcat?....or is there a better pipe that will get me better low end/take off?
Old 10-26-2008, 11:19 AM
ALL RIDER

wow thanks for all the help did not realise the pipe would make a big diference. and yes the engine is super reliable, and has real good top end thanks again
Old 10-26-2008, 11:33 AM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the pipe makes alot of difference...there is a associated pipe that works well...maybe Dennis will chime in on this he knows which ones work for what the person wants
Old 10-26-2008, 02:32 PM
chevyderek72

ORIGINAL: FULLYGROWNKID

i have the tornado S-30 with the SH.18 and i believe an upgraded pipe....is that the pipe u r speaking of from redcat?....or is there a better pipe that will get me better low end/take off?
i talked to wade and he said that the redcat pipe is about the same as the associated pipe in low end, so i would stick with the redcat one
Old 10-26-2008, 05:22 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

We've actually tested them out one after the other on the same truck, same fuel, same engine, same day and found that the difference is very slight, almost unoticable between the two pipes. Either pipe would be a good torque choice. Personally I was happier with the redcat one more than I was with the AE pipe. The redcat one looks good as well as performs great.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:28 PM
ALL RIDER

man can't wait top get one putting in the order tonight