Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

2-Speed Transmision Adjustments

I want to try and improve my Tornado S-30's acceleration a bit and I am just wondering how you go about adjusting the gear settings in the tranny?
    Airboss says: Down is up and up is expensive!!!! Blade CX2 Blade MSR, T-Rex 450se V2, Tamiya Subaru Impreza, Heng Long ZTZ-99, Flyzone Super Cub, Flyzone Cessna 182, Easystar2 FPV, Beast UMX...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 2-Speed Transmision Adjustments

I could be wrong, but as far as I know the only adjustment you can make to the stock 2speed is the clutch adjustment. Clockwise for later shifts, and Counterclockwise for sooner shifts. That's the screw that's less recessed.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok thanks. i will take a look at it tomorrow and see what I can find. Ran my tornado for the first time today and man does it ever move.
    Airboss says: Down is up and up is expensive!!!! Blade CX2 Blade MSR, T-Rex 450se V2, Tamiya Subaru Impreza, Heng Long ZTZ-99, Flyzone Super Cub, Flyzone Cessna 182, Easystar2 FPV, Beast UMX...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

By the way, the adjustment only changes the point at which the 2nd gear engages so obviously you won't improve acceleration 'off-the-line' in first gear.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does anyone know the Stock settings for a 2speed?

How many turns out from bottom?  Trying to re-install a 2spd for a client and he claims its never shifted.  I have played with my 2spd on my mugen, but that was some time ago.

MOmo