Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

is this normal??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:19 PM
cadillac98

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this normal??

i have the 1/8 landslide..i recently lost a rear dogbone so im kinda limping around with front wheel drive until the part gets here...is it normal for the truck to pull to one side while on the throttle hard?
Old 01-18-2009, 01:55 PM
perhamrocks

Default RE: is this normal??

yes that's what your differentials are for, and you shouldn't drive around in 2 wheel drive in a vehicle built for 4 wheel drive. it will put too much stress on your dogbones and they will eventualy break, i know because i lost my front wheel drive in my volcano so i just drove in rear wheel drive and one of my rear dogbones was snapt clean off
Old 01-18-2009, 06:08 PM
AmoebaCowboy

Default RE: is this normal??

perhamrocks is correct, you shouldn't run it until you get the dogbone replaced.

As for the pulling to one side on hard throttle, you're experiencing torque-steer. All shaft-driven cars experience torque-steer but the severity depends on your diff setup and suspension. You're seeing it more with just 2wd because the 4wd setup puts torque steer on opposing alignments which tend to cancel each other out. One of the reasons you don't see shaft drives in top-end on-road racing (pan cars etc) is belt drives don't experience torque steer due to the way belt drives allow engine placement to be offset to eliminate it.